CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Senior Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine’s Monitoring and Learning Support (MEL) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) with an expected start date in 2019.
The USAID MEL mechanism has two key performance objectives:
* Support implementation of the Mission-wide Performance Management Plan (PMP) which includes monitoring strategic progress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, and operational context; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting from evidence; and
* Support ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs, particularly key processes and systems that may be updated, improved, consolidated; and build Mission capacity to improve data collection, processes, sharing, and sustain best practices. Assistance may also include facilitating workshops, conferences, and meetings, providing mapping services and supporting the Belarus Country Office.
* Oversee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities including cross-office synergizing, collaboration across Development Objectives (DOs), engaging stakeholders, and making adaptation recommendations
* Supervise external, short-term consultants
* Provide relevant technical guidance
* Conduct and facilitate pause and reflect sessions for the Mission
* Build Mission staff capacity in MEL
* Lead consultations on CLA with relevant USAID/Ukraine staff and implementing partners
* Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodologies, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
* Assist in the development of MEL communities of practice within USAID/Ukraine and among implementing partners, and the Government of Ukraine.
* Assist USAID/Ukraine to develop and implement a learning agenda.
* Analyze and test the validity of hypotheses and assumptions embedded in strategy-level CDCS results frameworks and project level logical frameworks and theories of change.
* Plan for learning and dissemination of lessons learned for use in Ukraine, and elsewhere in the Agency.
* At least seven years of professional experience managing a team conducting collaboration, learning, and adapting in a development context.
* A Master’s Degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields, or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant professional experience noted above may be substituted.
* Demonstrated ability to build capacity and train staff in MEL and CLA.
* Understanding of scenario planning, and the use of scenarios/trajectories in program planning and adaptation preferred.
* Ability to innovate and adapt in all aspects of design, planning and implementation.
* Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, flexible, and creative.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to establish strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
* Evidence of open and learning-oriented management style.
* Proven success in leading highly collaborative, dynamic teams and managing change.
* Demonstrated experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams and projects;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.