Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Senior Communications & Engagement Lead on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Senior Communications & Engagement Lead will be responsible for overall communications of the program, ensuring strategic coordination among various efforts and consistency in messaging. S/he will oversee all forms of outreach (internal and external), communications, and promotion, and support communications and organization around events, including the logistical and communication components, and will work in concert with co-sponsors of events. PEPSE provides institutional support services to the Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP) at USAID, including support for a variety of technical workstreams. As a result, the Senior Communications & Engagement Lead also engages in communications review for materials addressing the delivery of technical advisory services, training, and data and insights. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE Project Director.
- Responsible for overall communications of the PEPSE program, ensuring strategic coordination among various efforts and consistency in messaging
- Oversee all forms of outreach (internal and external), communications, and promotion; work in close collaboration with USAID’s designated activity manager and with PEPSE Project Director
- Lead communications content design, and assure effective delivery of events support, including the logistical and communication components, working in concert with USAID and other co-sponsors of events
- Develop consistent messaging for a variety of technical workstreams in a manner that is accessible for technical audiences, as well as for broader and more general audiences
- Assure consistent quality control for all communications products, according to CTP priorities
- Contribute as part of a team to developing effective events and publications to support the USAID Community of Practice for Private Sector Engagement
- Contribute to conceptual and quality-assurance for other PEPSE communications products, as requested by PEPSE project director or other colleagues.
- Supervises work of one Communications Assistant on PEPSE staff, and the work of on-call writing and/or events management consultants
- Other duties upon request
- Master’s degree (or higher) in international affairs, public administration, public policy, communications, public relations, marketing, graphic design, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and creating a wide array of public media including (but not limited to) press releases, marketing videos, print media, graphic design, and social media
- Strong attention to detail in production and quality assurance for communications products and USAID events production
- Able to manage several workstreams on a daily basis, involving the setting of priorities in close consultation with counterparts within USAID
- Rapid response to internal taskers, research assignments, and ability to produce content consistent with Agency priorities on short notice
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing complex USAID-funded projects of similar size
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to others
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure
- Eligibility to work in US
- Strong familiarity with USAID communications practices and procedures (Branding/Marking requirements, communications clearances, communications toolkits and style/usage standards, social media content development, etc.) and ability to lead communications workstream that actively accommodates these practices
- Familiar with extensive network of design, communications, media and events professionals in DC, and comfortable with media relations and with both innovative electronic and conventional communications approaches
- International experience
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Communications & Engagement Lead, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.