Call for Senior Consultant
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. QED works to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
The QED Group is preparing for a proposal for the USAID/Burma for the Myanmar Analytical Activity Project. It is envisioned that the project will assist USAID/Burma by providing analytical support to supplement its current portfolio of democracy and governance, national reconciliation, economic growth and health activities. This activity will enable the Mission to better address emerging issues, take advantage of opportunities, and react to unexpected political and economic events and social conditions. The period of performance is anticipated to be five years.
The QED Group is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Senior Consultant who will provide oversight to all activities. This position will ideally be based in Yangon to facilitate communications and required consultations but can be based within Asia. The Senior Consultant will need to travel to Yangon and other areas within Myanmar as needed on a quarterly basis throughout the duration of the project.
- Lead QED’s project team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract, including overall project management and operations.
- Ensure that project tasks are completed and the objectives of the Myanmar Analytical Activity project are successfully met.
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the project.
- Lead the preparation and submission of monthly report, quarterly special report, up to four ad hoc reports per quarter, data analysis and mapping reports, geographical data analysis, and analytical database as requested by USAID.
- Lead quarterly consultations on behalf of QED with the USAID/Burma Mission
- Coordinate project consultation, as needed, with key counterparts.
- Assess the impacts of the developments in Myanmar, including on regional actors such as those in Thailand, China, and Bangladesh
- Use information from local networks, scholars, and USAID partners and use advanced data collection, research, and analysis techniques
- Track open source reporting on conflicts and conflict drivers
- Lead data mining from open source existing public datasets, such as the Demographic Health Survey, Census Information and other publicly available information
- Conduct public opinion polling and other quantitative and qualitative
- Carry out geospatial analysis related and relevant to conflict and development activities
- Lead crowd-sourcing or other social-media based research and analysis techniques and other innovative or technology-based analytical tools as needed
- Conduct key informant interviews, focus groups discussions and quantitative surveys
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
The Senior Consultant will have a
- Masters or Ph.D (or equivalent) in international relations, political science, economics, public health, law, public administration, or data sciences. Direct professional experience in excess of five years may be substituted for advanced degree requirements
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience assessing multi-disciplinary issues, including politics, governance, economics, and delivery of social services as they relate to development activities in conflict environments.
- Ability to coordinate with a network of implementing and academic organizations in Myanmar and across the region remotely
- Must have demonstrated experience briefing reports to senior level officials such as Ambassadors, flag officers, C-level positions in the private sector (e.g., CEO, CIO, COO).
- Research design experience, including the selection of appropriate data collection methods on a question specific basis and development of a detailed data analysis plan.
- Basic social science research skills and basic statistics, including strong data visualization skills consistent with USAID expectations.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply a range of data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Field experience that includes at least some but not necessarily all of the following:
- Survey research experience, including development of structured and semi-structured interview; sample size determination for specific confidence levels and confidence intervals; selection and use of other survey data (and other large data set) entry and analysis software (SPSS or alternative)
- Structured or semi-structured group interviews and/or focus groups, including the creation of written instruments and transcripts for same; content analysis and other techniques for coding and transforming group/open-ended data into analyzed information; qualitative data analysis software (NVIVO or alternative) and/or case study documentation experience; transformation of qualitative data into a quantitative form that can be merged with other quantitative data in a mixed methods analysis.
- Applied experience with non-experimental theory testing techniques for examining program/project effects (baseline reconstruction, outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, general elimination method (modus operandi), contribution analysis, lagged regressions and/or others).
- Strong familiarity with USAID policies and procedures required
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English is required, as is a demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Myanmar to attend to contract implementation tasks.
- Burmese language capabilities are desired but not required.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm determined to provide its clients with best-value services so as to increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. For more information on The QED Group LLC, please visit its website at the following hyperlink: http:// http://www.qedgroupllc.com/