Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness. We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need. View our ”Who We Are” clip (or at http://bit.ly/2eEoTAv).
World Vision is looking for a Senior Data Solutions Analyst
In this role as Senior Data Solutions Analyst you will provide support for complex data management initiatives. Monitor data systems and translate information requests to deliver reliable and accurate information to the business community based on defined specifications and organizational standards. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word, and sign.
Do something extraordinary. At World Vision we are going to the ends of the earth, often where no one else goes, to pull up the roots of poverty and plant the seeds of change. Empowering people out of poverty believing that no child is lost. If this mission resonates with you, we invite you to explore this unique opportunity to serve alongside a tremendous team of professionals working to these ends. Together we are greater than poverty.
- Perform the responsibilities of a Data Solutions Analyst for complex and independently managed data tools and processes.
- Conduct analysis of service requests to gather information requirements that accurately describe the information needs of customers.
- Maintain a global understanding of information delivery tools, standards, data repositories and business information requests to provide appropriate direction and specifications for information delivery efforts.
- Actively model and create data structures to meet strategic business information objectives.
- Communicate regularly with project managers, customers, business analysts, systems analysts and quality assurance personnel to ensure continuity of services across the Information Systems Group.
- Participate in corporate projects to provide input on corporate information needs and business rules.
- Review work product to ensure quality.
- Mentor Data Solutions Analysts as directed to ensure quality and provide ongoing coaching and skill development.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Share a Full Life with Children in Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (eight years).
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 5 years of work experience in data management and/or information systems.
Preferred/Desired Skills & Experience
- Masters in a computer-science related field, or equivalent five years of industry experience and good foundation of ICT4D-related software development and/or implementation.
- Experience in communicating orally and in written form to management and staff on ICT4D applications, concepts, proposals, and solutions.
- Strong track record in designing, writing, building, or implementing software applications and other user-facing technology solutions. For example, possess Experience with data collection tools (e.g. KoBo Toolbox, Open Data kit, Survey123, CommCare), information management systems (e.g. dhis2, SQL Server, ORACLE), and GIS (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, Tableau), statistical products (e.g., SPSS, Minitab).
- Experience with Open Source software.
- Experience using human-centered designs to tech solutions.
- Proven project/product lifecycle management experience from concept to roll-out.
- Domestic or global development and/or field level experience as well as a commitment to maintaining a good external network in the field and among technology peers.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.