*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As Senior Director, External Engagement, you will provide overall leadership, coordination and alignment of global level external engagement, seeking to achieve influence, support income and ultimately to impact external targets in support of WV objectives for children as articulated in Our Promise. The Senior Director will develop and deliver annual plans that maximize the external engagement of Senior leaders, sector and thematic experts, policy advisors and children. The Senior Leader leads and facilitates the External Engagemnet (EE) Advisory Group for aligned and impactful external engagement across the Global Centre, including thorough analysis and prioritization of external stakeholders and partnerships, and through regular reporting, innovation and excellence. The Senior Director leads the alignment of EE in WV Global Capitals, leads a team of EE advisors (including in the Global Capitals) and ensures that WV voices are addressing the most important and impactful stakeholders, forums and processes in support of the rights and well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable. The Senior Leader will support strong external engagement across all entities of the Partnership, including support to Regional Advocacy Directors in their EE planning. S/he will support Senior WV leaders, including the President, in their participation in major multilateral events and dialogue with external bodies.
- Masters degree in International Affairs, Public Policy, International Development, Human Rights, Law or other relevant field
- Minimum 7 year leadership experience working in child rights focused External Engagement in CSO context and/or government or multilateral context
- Expert level understanding of child rights policy debates and dialogues, including regarding the Sustainable Development Goals, ODA, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Significant field experience and/or understanding in international development or humanitarian contexts
- Clear knowledge of diplomacy.
- Demonstrated success in influencing leadership, government, INGOs, UN agencies at high level.
- English language fluency
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 FEB 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.