The Senior Director of Global Business Transformation is responsible for forming collaboration and innovation to set strategy and initiatives of business process, digital, technology and organizational transformation to drive organizational value optimization, efficiency, effectiveness and cost reduction in finance, supply chain, travel and employee expense, data and analytics, human resources, payroll & benefits and other support and operational functions. There is a particular focus on transformations to support field operations, but also change initiatives will occur through the organization of Relief International’s international offices and region offices. This includes leading collaboration, change management, innovation and adoption for successful business transformation initiatives with regional operations personnel to ensure significant value is achieved at the country level to facilitate high demand to adopt changes quickly. Collaboration with regional operations personnel is critical to ensure transformation initiatives generate positive country level impact and change is supported with adequate capacity and capability. This role will also be required to successfully build credible partnerships across business functions, stakeholders and Information Technology (IT) to achieve intended value propositions of strategic initiatives.
The scope of Business Transformation is broad, cross functional and throughout all levels of the organization and required to define priority opportunities with high level of organizational impact within managable levels of investment that generates an optimal return on investment.
The optimization of Business Transformation spans seeking opportunities in finance and accounting, payroll, opportunities with shared services, accounts payables, inventory, supply chain, data analytics and other support functions through digital, technology and business change. The role includes the management of risk and driving opportunities to identify change initiatives ensuring compliance risks are addressed and mitigated.
The Senior Director of Business Transformation will be required to quickly understand the depth and breadth of internal organizational functions and processes but also scan external ecosystems to identify current technology, resources or vendors that are viable partners to compliment, innovate and add value to strategic initiatives.
The business transformation mandate and initiatives does NOT include program planning, management or execution of development and relief efforts. Rather, Business Transformation works in close coordination with Programs to ensure that Program team members have the rights tools, business processes and support available at the right time and place to be able to do their jobs effectively with minimal, efficient non-program business functions, e.g. finance and accounting, supply chain, inventory, payroll, etc.
The Senior Director of Business Transformation will drive program and project management for initiatives developing strategic plans, assembling cross functional resourcing, engaging with external vendors as necessary, managing communications and change management plans, building complex project plans and executing with low cost, efficiency and high adoption and success.
The Senior Director of Global Business Transformation will have direct line accountability to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)and work within the CFO’s senior management team of Finance, Global Operations and IT teams.
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee, direct, and organize the project work within the context of cross functional project teams supporting initiatives from finance, operations, supply chain, administration and IT teams both at the global support offices, regional support offices and in the country offices.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and innovation that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure project team members, though are not direct reports, receive timely and appropriate feedback, training and development in coordination with staff line managers.
- Support building the capacity of staff engaged in initiatives at Global and Regional levels to support country level operations staff ensuring sufficient capability and capacity to adopt and realize change.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach involved in initiatives:
assign and maintain accountabilities, establish clear and mutually agreed expectations, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
- Lead the organization to excellence through transformation initiatives in all aspects of finance, supply chain, IT, operations and administration.
- Lead programs and projects using innovative, agile and project management tools and techniques in the strategic development, change management and implementation of global initiatives to ensure the organization’s ability to successfully implement a business transformation agenda and realize intended impact.
- All strategic initiatives will be coordinates with Global Assurance (GA) to help assess and define high risk operational environments (risk from a compliance capacity perspective) for GA review, and design support interventions to address weaknesses identified through GA reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Applicants should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, International Development, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with INGOs with experience working at a field level as well as HQ levels.
- Experience in global Humanitarian operations with knowledge or expertise in finance, supply chain, data analytics, operations and administrative functions.
- Knowledge or expertise in field of IT systems, technology, SaaS platforms, enterprise software and end user devices.
- Proven track record of success implementing business transformation and digital initiatives enterprise-wide in INGO organizations and within fragile settings, emergencies and developing countries.
- Strong, positive track-record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success.
- High level of organization, managing risk and decision-making skills working in a fast-paced work environment.
- A systematic approach to work maintaining accountability, plans and demonstrations of success.
- History of developing and mentoring teams and communicating vision to directors and executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and listening.
- Ability to speak in public setting and / or large audiences.
- Experience in remotely managing teams in a global setting.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative, innovative and agile with the ability to think outside the box
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RIFrance and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. Position in Brief
The Senior Director of Global Business Transformation is responsible for the creation of strategic initiatives, gaining approvals, funding and stakeholder buy-in, planning and leading execution of business transformations within Relief International’s offices and field operations. This encompasses driving change and business transformational initiatives in finance, supply chain, logistics, data and data analytics, travel and other administrative functions throughout operations at the global, regional and country office levels. Business transformations and change initiatives are to achieve
improvements in digital transformation, efficiency, effectiveness, cost reduction and maximization of value from change to support the organization’s core mission.