World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Director Operations and Resource Management, you will responsible to operationalize the strategic ministry priorities into programming. Provide overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of programming in the national office. Ensure all programmes are managed effectively and contribute to Child Well-Being Outcomes in line with the National Office Strategic priorities. Ensure that programmes meet community and donor accountability in line with World Vision’s policies and standards. Facilitate effective integration of various lines of ministry, and funding streams to achieve programme effectiveness. Responsible for ongoing relationships with the Support Office partners.
You will lead the efforts of World Vision Bangladesh (WVB) to increase and diversify its international funding base (grants & Private Non Sponsorship (PNS) contracts), ensure quality fund management, and proactively engage external partners, international donors and Support Offices.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and relevant areas in the area of development work.
- Experience in overseeing management of a diversity of grants including EU, DFID, DFAT, GAC is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in field operations based roles and in different country contexts is required with a minimum 3 years’ experience at a leadership level within a World Vision context.
- Demonstrated track record in resource development including proposal development, creating and managing donor relations, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 MAR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.