Cardno is currently seeking a qualified, field-based Senior Engineering Project Manager,
Professional Engineer preferred[ST1] ,
experienced in project planning, engineering design, permitting and construction support for civil work and environmental remediation projects in Asia. Scope of Work
The Senior Engineering Project Manager will support our client in the management of a remote multi-disciplined engineering team in the completion of multiple planning and engineering deliverables for a US Government-funded environmental project in Asia. S/he will be responsible for ensuring successful coordination of task delivery and activities among the prime contractor, in-country team, and Cardno home office teams. Reporting to both the client Project Manager and Cardno’s Project Director, the Senior Engineering Project Manager will support the prime contractor in communications with USG, provide technical advice to the prime contractor and perform as a liaison to the Cardno technical team. The Senior Engineering Project Manager will also advise the prime contractor on planning, design and construction field activities and will support the field Project Management team and Construction Manager as needed for successful project implementation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary, in-country point of contact for Cardno with prime contractor and U.S. Government funding agency.
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to the prime contractor and USG to support project planning and decision making including guidance on design and construction activities.
- Coordinate completion of engineering tasks working with the prime contractor design team and Cardno’s home office management and engineering teams.
- Establish design management and design quality control processes in the field for development and review of designs and plans.
- Identify and address any scope changes to Cardno’s project deliverables with client and Cardno’s management team, manage resolution of scope issues.
- Perform technical QA/QC of project plans, designs and other technical deliverables. Work as a liaison between project client and Cardno to resolve quality issues.
- Identify resource needs for upcoming project activities and support the coordination of all required resources needed to meet the project schedule.
- Develop Scopes of Work (SOWs) for upcoming task order work and recommend completion and review strategy.
- Provide input to the project schedule and manage the completion of tasks to the schedule. Identify schedule risks and potential deviations from the baseline.
- Serves as a consulting resource to the prime contractor Project Manager to leverage Cardno’s human and technical resources and knowledge base in work planning and execution.
- Work with Cardno’s project management team and prime contractor to resolve project management issues; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and maintain compliance with Cardno and USAID policies and regulations
- Review Cardno and subcontractor invoices and reports for reasonableness and accuracy
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree
- 10+ years demonstrated experience working on engineering planning/design projects, with emphasis in USAID, DOD and/or federal agency remediation projects.
- Experience managing multiple teams including remote design teams, ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience in environmental remediation design for treatment of contaminated soils; knowledge of US environmental and safety regulations and requirements (EPA, RCRA, CERCLA, OSHA).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience completing civil works projects on military bases and DoD master planning.
- Thermal remediation system design experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Overseas field experience preferred especially in Asian countries.
Position Location & Travel:
- Understanding and experience working with international teams with work place cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all platforms with clients and senior management.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills in the management of teams.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines for policy driven clients with aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement; and a critical eye for detail, completeness, and competency
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to use computer software including MS Office suite, ACAD, CAD, etc.
: Present to April 2022
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization