Project: Technical assistance of the �support to ECOWAS commission for transport governance in West Africa
Engagement: Long-term, 550 working days
Start: October 2019
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is the ‘improved sustainability and security of the regional road transport system’. This transport system will be a factor of inclusive development in terms of gender equality, stability and regional integration. The project will, on the basis of commitments made at ECOWAS/WAEMU level, increase the freedom of movement of goods and persons, reduce the costs of interstate road transport by improving the governance of road maintenance and modernising the supply chain thanks to the gradual liberalisation of road transport activities in a competitive, regulated framework, excluding any dumping and cartelisation practices and mitigating the social costs associated with the necessary modernisation of the sector.
The purpose of this contract is to contribute to endowing the regional actors (ECOWAS, WAEMU) of Institutional, Organisational, and M & E Capacity coordination needed to ensure good governance, rigorous management and effective road transport policies / programmes.
The expected results are:
- Development of advocacy, visibility, follow-up to policy-dialogue platforms and promotion of transparency;
- Updating the policy reference frameworks and regional regulations.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or Engineering or equivalent;
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of Portuguese is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge and professional experience of EU procedures;
- Good command of computer tools (database, statistical software and monitoring evaluation, word processing, etc.).
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in support of Monitoring and Evaluation of development projects/programmes.
Specific professional experience
- Have completed at least two assignments of a minimum of two years each and of similar nature in the past fifteen years of which at least two years in one or more regional projects/programmes;
- Demonstrated experience in Result-based management of projects;
- Demonstrated implementation of capacity building systems within a regional project or programme;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the road transport sector and free movement of goods and security issues in sub-Saharan Africa or West Africa.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org