USAID’s Development Credit Authority (DCA) is currently providing guarantees to three client leasing companies in Cambodia. The companies, which lease various forms of vehicles and agricultural equipment to farmers and agro-processors, would like to expand their equipment portfolio as well as improve the structure of the lease terms to better align with the agricultural cash-flow cycles. USAID is also interested in working with the clients to enable more women to gain access to leasing.
The consultant shall work directly with DCA to conduct an analysis of:
- Existing leasing products, how they are structured, and how they can be improved
- Market opportunities for expanding their portfolios in terms of items leased
- Specific market opportunities for increased leasing to women
After having identified changes needed and opportunities, the consultant will work with the clients to revise their existing leasing systems (as needed) and develop new product or market opportunities. Although the emphasis for this work is on expansion of leasing products and opportunities for women, this should not exclude men as customers.
The consultant shall provide for each of the three leasing companies (names to be provided by USAID upon contracting of consultant):
- An analysis of:
- Existing lease products, including
- Any strengths and weaknesses, and
- Any recommendations for improvement
- Opportunities for increased leasing by women
- Opportunities for new products, including new products tailored for women, including
As needed, in-field or distance assistance to each client to develop and launch new products, or expand existing markets.
Interim reports for Items 1a and 1b as they are completed;
A final report detailing all accomplishments, ongoing challenges in reaching female clientele, and any additional assistance that may be necessary or useful.
- Market analysis appropriate to the company’s growth plans
- Possible new products, and
- Basic requirements for launching any new products
All assistance should be structured to improve the capacity of leasing companies to analyze, design, market, and evaluate new offerings or market expansions.
The ideal candidate will have relevant academic and practical experience in leasing and finance, and will meet the following minimum requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in leasing, preferably with development of leasing products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender issues in access to finance
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent experience) in finance, economics or other relevant field.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Proficiency in Khmer or French preferred.
Candidates without demonstrated gender expertise will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the OrganizationThe QED Group, LLC is a full-service consulting firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We strive to use rigorous and proven methods to provide solutions to problems facing businesses and government. We are client-oriented and aim to provide total client satisfaction on every project.
QED is on the General Services Administration's (GSA) Management, Organizational, and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS), Authorized Federal Supply Service Schedule Price List. This procurement vehicle allows QED to provide the highest caliber services, while making it easier for interested U.S. Government Agencies to make procurement decisions. Our GSA Contract Number is GS-10F-0405M and our Federal Supply Group is 874, Class R499. We offer the following services under GSA/MOBIS: Special Item Number 874-1: Consulting Services, Special Item Number 874-2: Facilitation Services, Special Item Number 874-3: Survey Services, and Special Item Number-4: Training Services. We are set up to accept credit card payments.
To provide excellence in our work and to encourage professionalism with passion.
To develop innovative and effective solutions that foster efficiency.
To provide solutions that encourage knowledge sharing and build partnerships across the public and private sectors.
To provide a work environment that attracts, excites, and nurtures a diverse and committed staff with exceptional skills that knows how to listen and learn.
Client-centered, partnership-building, team-oriented, accountability for quality results, dedication to financial integrity and cost effectiveness, inspired and innovative, empowerment of others and respect for diversity, personal honesty, and promotion of a lifework balance.