The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for performing a wide range of HR-related duties in performance and talent management, orientation and onboarding, employment, benefits administration, policy implementation, separation and compliance. This position will work closely with and report to the Senior Manager, Human Resources in support of a US-based office managing a portfolio of international programs.
- Performance Management: Oversee the staff performance management program (goal setting, mid-year reviews, documentation of reviews, and end of year performance appraisals), ensuring deadlines for documentation and analysis are met.
- Talent Development: Assist fostering of project staff learning initiatives working in consultation with the Talent Management team, recommending and enrolling employees in required compliance courses, professional development programs, and discretionary courses as they arise. Coordinate the spot bonus program and support the merit review and promotion processes. Maintain training documentation and files and enter this information into the appropriate systems.
- Benefits: Working in close coordination with Cardno Benefits, serve as site benefits coordinator performing day-to-day administration including enrollment, changes, and terminations in the benefits and insurance systems; reconciling monthly benefits plans through eligibility, enrollment, premium and audit reports; responding to inquiries on benefits and insurance by troubleshooting problems and interfacing with Cardno Benefits.
- General Support: Respond to staff inquiries regarding compensation, leave, benefits and other HR-related topics or issues. Prepare personnel action forms, employee changes, and other documents pertaining to employment. Respond to unemployment compensation claims and request for employment and pay information. Maintain HR personnel and non-personnel files. Coordinate the separation process and facilitate exit meetings. Generate correspondence, administrative reports, compliance reports, and related documentation as assigned or requested.
- Compliance: Ensure full compliance with Cardno’s HR policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies, ensuring effective implementation of the internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework. Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Recruitment, Selection, Onboarding for Employees and Independent Consultants: Assist in the recruitment and hiring process on an as-needed basis. This may include the review of job templates and job requisitions for accuracy and compliance and posting current open job vacancies on various recruitment sites. Oversee the offer of employment stage and follow-up hiring and onboarding process. Assist with orientation and on-boarding training new hires, support staff, supervisors, and managers on HR-related topics. Coordinate preparation of consultant contracts.
- Payroll Administration: Accurately process new employees, transfers, promotions, and terminations ensuring correct documentation is submitted for processing. Ensure accurate timesheet reporting procedures in relation to employee location, allowances, and deductions. Maintain employee records and personal data (bank information, addresses, tax forms, etc.). Ensure accurate leave administration processes are implemented. Capture deductions related to insurance, allowances, PTO overages, and any other personal and statutory deductions. Maintain compliance with prevailing legislation, in particular tax laws. Identify, analyze and correct discrepancies, anomalies and abnormal pay data and reports before finalizing payrolls. Support Payroll and Finance with any other payroll management functions.
- Other duties as assigned: All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated arenot be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of professional experience in HR or related field.
- An HR background and a proven track record of delivering;
- Experience of managing / supporting HR projects;
- Ability to provide both oral and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as the ability to influence others;
- Experience in a diverse and complex matrix businesses in an HR capacity is an advantage;
- Experience of working within a HR Shared Services & Centers of Excellence model is an advantage; and
- Familiarity with Workday or another HRIS system is preferred;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in recruitment and selection, performance management processes and methodologies;
- Knowledge of international donor project implementation requirements;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills;
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications; and
- Fluency in English language required, proficiency in a second language preferred.
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments, work independently, meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to practice discretion and maintain strict confidentiality and security of personnel files and information.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multitask and pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize duties independently, think strategically, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic office operations – sitting, standing, computer use, etc.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization