The Senior HR Manager reports to the Vice President of HR and Chief of Party and partners with business leadership as well as collaborates with HR team members to provide oversight and direction on all USAID Momentum HR activities. Responsibilities include providing HR Leadership and managing significant processes or projects to include talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, compliance, learning and development, and talent acquisition. S/he coordinates with the Vice President on strategic issues, understands the global impact of business unit actions and technical solutions. Responsible for resolution of complex and unique problems using principles and theories from a formal body of knowledge, education, and work experience. Ability to resolve problems creatively and logically, and to translate ideas into action with a strong results orientation.
Talent Acquisition & Retention:
- Oversee the Talent Acquisition team in overseeing full life cycle recruitment process.
- Respond to the growth in Headquarter and overseas programs and offices; to include, contributing to the development of comprehensive HR, strategy and programs for all staff.
- Serve as subject expert and key contributor to the development of global policies and practices that allow for scaling up quickly and retention practices that will enable the organization to attract and retain highly competent staff overseas.
- Provide guidance and assistance to hiring managers, ensuring compliance with policy and law and facilitate Recruitment trainings.
- Responsible for managing our relations with temporary staff engagements and may assist with consultancies.
- Assist with diversity and inclusion initiatives
Momentum Performance Management, Staff Training and Development:
- Serve as internal consultant and advisor for Momentum employee relations.
- Provide leadership in critical areas of training, for example supervisory training, salary administration, compliance issues and policy.
- Participate in the on-boarding and assimilation of new staff, specifically regarding organizational policies
- Provides employee training and development solutions both in course development and facilitation and partnering with external parties.
- Manages Momentum annual performance reviews, ensuring that each employee receives performance feedback
- Advise management on all Momentum employment related issues to ensure compliance with all laws
- Partner with and provide coaching to managers to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically and in compliance with local law. Investigates Momentum employee relations issues and escalates issues when necessary.
- Prepare a wide range of employee internal communications regarding relevant Momentum HR issues
- Keeps abreast of changing Federal, District and State and local laws and donor regulations and ensure policies, practices are compliant and up to date.
- Execute on duty of care using sensitivity and compassion in counseling a diverse staff.
HR Support and Administration:
- Partners with HR colleagues and managers to assist with development and updating of job descriptions, job grading requests and general compensation support.
- Assist with administration of Expatriate and TCN compensation and benefits packages.
- In a shared resource environment, develop and lead other HR professionals to deliver high-quality HR services.
- Engagement in organization wide activities and initiatives including all-staff meetings, working groups and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Function in a leadership role, representing HR at various multi-functional task force
- Independently engage in ongoing professional development via SHRM etc.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Commitment to CORUS core values/mission and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field required. Professional accredited Human Resources certification or law degree
- At least 7-8 years of experience in leading all aspects of a human resource program
- Demonstrated experience creating, launching, and maintaining global HR programs (Recruiting, Performance Management, Employee Relations and Compensation)
- Mastery of US human resource law and working knowledge of international employment law and prior international HR experience
- Prior experience in non-profit, NGO, relevant government preferred. Private sector experience in addition to this experience is helpful.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate conflict while maintaining constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to meet competing deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority, and professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure in changing conditions.
- Fluency in either French or Spanish strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally on occasion.
- Overseas experience (work or living experience in non-US location) strongly preferred
Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus’s Human Resources department.
About the Organization
We are a family of organizations who believes that those who were born into impossible circumstances deserve the possibility of a better life.
Our dedicated experts around the globe work together to bring life-saving aid and long-term hope to even the most fragile corners of the world and in the most challenging of circumstances. We connect disciplines, approaches and people because we know that the more collaboration we can efficiently achieve, the wider, more systemic impact we can create.
It’s belief and action, in harmony.