Cardno is seeking a Senior International Recruiter to join our International Development group in Arlington, Virginia. The Senior International Recruiter will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for proposals, field projects, and headquarters positions. The position will focus on talent sourcing, candidate identification, networking and relationship building with potential candidates, attending networking events, and serving as a strategic staffing partner to internal customers. As part of our Recruitment team, the Senior International Recruiter will introduce and monitor recruitment best practices in the DC office.
- Identification of key technical personnel for bids in response to RFP requirements through the sourcing appropriate candidates using internal and external networks, industry events, Cardno’s internal recruitment database and creative application of social media and referrals;
- Full-cycle recruitment of personnel for Home Office;
- Develop advertising programs to gain high visibility with potential candidates;
- Provide consistent evaluation of resumes, interviewing candidates, and ranking of applicants based on qualifications relevant to the job description or statement of work for proposals and/or existing projects;
- Ensure a consistent recruiting process by coordinating interview panels, providing appropriate interview questions, and maintaining recruitment documentation;
- Manage communications with candidates and proposal and/or project managers to ensure optimal timing of the recruitment process;
- Consult with hiring managers on recruitment policies, ensuring compliances with RFP requirements, USAID, other donor guidelines, and Cardno’s recruitment processes;
- Negotiate terms and conditions with recommended candidates, ensuring compliance with Cardno and client requirements;
- Prepare contingent and live offers;
- Contribute to strategic talent pipelines, focusing particularly on the development of pools of candidates in Cardno’s areas of expertise;
- Develop and maintain networks in critical Cardno areas of expertise to facilitate effective passive recruitment;
- Foment excellent relationships with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals;
- As needed, coordinate, mentor and train staff supporting project recruitment;
- Grow and maintain relationships with potential candidates;
- Actively participate in job fairs and other networking, marketing events and eminence building activities; and,
- Manage recruitment in applicant tracking system.
- Required: Bachelor’s in a relevant discipline
- Preferred: Master’s in HR, Business, or International Development strongly preferred
- Required: Five Years of experience in Proposal Recruiting for USAID or other donor
- Preferred: Three Years of experience in Corporate Recruiting
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Proposal Recruiting for USAID or other donors
- Working knowledge of current USAID rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation/attitude
- Strong written, presentation/verbal, and negotiation skills
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage deadlines
- Proven experience using current recruitment and social media tools
- Experience with multiple ATS systems, preferably WorkDay
- A demonstrated methodology for getting hard to source candidates
- International experience (i.e. living, working, studying abroad)
- Fluency in English, both written and oral; abilities in a second language preferred
- Fluency in a second language is desirable.
- Ability to travel internationally when needed (approximately 10% annually)
- US work authorization required
Core Job Competencies
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments, work independently, with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage through systems
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
- Integrity and Trust
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.