Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is recruiting for a full-time Senior Investment Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Jordan. The position will be based in Amman with travel throughout the country. Only Jordanian candidates should apply.
- Lead all investment activities for the project, including the development of a local, regional, and foreign investment promotion strategy for Jordan.
- Develop an investment framework for Jordan, including Public-Private Partnerships.
- Provide technical advisory support and capacity building to the GOJ in analyzing its current systems, offerings, and regulations around investment promotion and facilitation, and identify ways to increase the volume of local, regional, and foreign investment in the country to meet targets set in the Renaissance Plan.
- Lead an assessment of public sector support for local investment, including the Jordan Investment Commission (JIC) and its Investment Promotion Department (IPD), and provide recommendations to the GOJ on how these activities can be improved to better solicit investment and adopt best practices.
- Evaluate and compare international investment promotion best practices with Jordan’s practices.
- Develop an investment pipeline. Propose sectors for investment promotion, especially those with high potential to positively impact women and youth.
- Identify opportunities to expand exports and investments via the Jordanian Diaspora. Develop a diaspora engagement strategy to expand and diversify investment across Jordan.
- Coordinate with the GOJ’s Public Private Partnerships Unit to enhance dialogues around strategic investment projects.
- Identify equity investors in Jordan and regionally to secure new investments for designated business partners.
- Collaborate with other donor-funded investment promotion activities.
- Assist in facilitating the use of USAID-funded Development Credit Authority credit guarantees and other development bank financing mechanisms, as appropriate.
- Providing thought leadership on innovative investment mechanisms to support business growth in targeted sectors.
· 15 years of experience designing and implementing investment promotion and finance programs in Jordan.
· Knowledge of and experience with SME investment and financing in Jordan and the region.
· Experience working with commercial banks and equity investors in Jordan.
· Experience working with USAID and other donors, including USAID DCA.
· Experience in designing and delivering training and technical assistance to government representatives on investment best practices.
· Master’s degree in business, economics, finance or related field.
· Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.