Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced consultant to support the development of a self-reliance learning agenda for the Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL) under the Learning and Knowledge Management (LEARN) contract with USAID. The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC. This is a short-term consultant position. Start date is immediate and work is expected to conclude September 30, 2018.
The Senior Learning Specialist will develop a consultation process and facilitate initial consultations with the goal of identifying a series of draft learning questions at multiple levels of rigor, such as those that may be answered through research efforts, evaluative efforts, data analysis, or knowledge sharing or other focused learning efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with LEARN as well as representatives from the Office of Evaluation and Impact Assessment, and PPL.
- Develop a plan for a series of consultations internal and external to USAID in a variety of formats that will allow identification of a broad range of learning questions.
- Help to identify and gather the appropriate stakeholders.
- Design and facilitate collaborative, participatory processes to support USAID staff in validating the learning agenda objectives and developing and prioritizing learning questions. This could include agency staff in WDC and in select Missions, as well as key informants in other USAID Operating Units.
- Prepare facilitation plans and guidance for other relevant LEARN facilitators supporting the creation of self-reliance learning agenda
- Collaborate with key LEARN and Agency personnel conducting a self-reliance literature review and support the identification of gaps in evidence and practice that can be addressed via a learning agenda
- Draft an initial plan for opportunities and approaches to share learning and engage people for uptake and utilization
- Other duties as TBD
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum ten (10) years’ work experience OR Master’s degree and minimum eight (8) years’ work experience in monitoring, evaluation, and strategic learning
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the international development context
- Experience with USAID strongly preferred
- Experience in developing learning agendas at the organizational or sector level
- Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes
- Ability to maintain routine communications with the LEARN team and client to ensure the project is implemented smoothly
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.