The primary objective of the Support Services Contract Vietnam, MEL is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and assistance, and;
- build the capacity of USAID/Vietnam staff, implementing partners and the Government of Vietnam (GOV) to achieve agreed-upon goals and targets,
- enhance USAID/Vietnam’s process of monitoring program performance,
- instilling a culture of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) within USAID/Vietnam and its implementing partners.
By pursuing this, USAID/Vietnam will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Vietnam’s development strategy.
- The Senior M&E Advisor will design and oversee performance and impact evaluations, cross‐sector evaluations, whole‐of‐project evaluations for programming across USAID/Vietnam’s portfolio.
- S/he will be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- S/he will be responsible for the development of M&E plans, define project indicators, and collect and review monitoring data and contribute to performance and impact evaluations through questionnaire development.
- S/he will oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
- S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
- S/he will Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed.
- S/he will assist in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, and management of information systems.
- S/he will be responsible for design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- S/he will also support the maintenance of the Mission’s PMP and the development, maintenance as well as quality control of implementing partners’ M&E Plans and outputs.
- A university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or another relevant field.
- 10 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for USAID or other donor-funded development programs.
- Experience in developing performance management plans (PMPs) and conducting data quality assessments (DQAs); analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data; using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for a donor-funded project; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and field testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Hands-on field survey design and implementation experience.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Strong organizational, writing, and communications skills.
- Previous experience in Vietnam is desirable.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Success factors for the Senior M&E Advisors will be strong skills in strategic analysis, M&E, data collection and analysis, identifying trends in data, and the ability to write convincing findings and recommendations.
- Vietnamese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Vietnamese is desirable.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.