Event Planning Operations
- Develop, implement, and manage department activities, ensuring that quality and service levels are consistent with Institute standards.
- Develop and implement administrative policies and procedures to facilitate effective event planning to achieve the department’s service-oriented objectives and to support the Institute’s mission.
- Establish measures to achieve cost-effective improvements in operations.
- Serve as the Protocol Officer for the Institute, to ensure all VIP events are carried out with decorum, proper etiquette and cross-cultural respect.
- Foster an environment of cross-department communication and collaboration.
- Coordinate requests for meeting space from both internal and external constituents in a systematic, structured and timely manner.
- Maintain a master schedule of events and communicate on a regular basis to appropriate parties.
- Ensure world-class client service, delivering on all logistical and programmatic details of their meetings and events.
- Coordinate and facilitate BEO meetings with internal staff and ensure distribution meets timeliness standards.
- Participate and oversee the continuous review of scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Serve as the point of contact with high profile and VIP groups to ensure excellent customer service.
- Create mechanisms for customer feedback to ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
- Recruit, train, and develop staff to achieve team goals.
- Provide continuous communication and coaching to staff and constructively resolve conflicts in a direct and timely manner.
- Ensure outstanding professionalism in dealing with staff, clients, and vendors.
Sales & Marketing / Financial Management
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for third party rentals.
- Enhance and maintain existing client relationships to improve their experiences and generate repeat bookings.
- Manage contract services including catering, furniture rentals, lighting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in conference center and event planning management, including logistics, catering, presentation, customer service, marketing, and financial management.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- CMP certification is a plus.
- Protocol certification highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Delphi highly desirable.
- Demonstrated track record of outstanding leadership and impeccable customer service.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills with experience interacting and influencing at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to inspire and foster team commitment and trust, facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish team goals and personal best.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including sound editing and proofreading abilities.
- Outstanding project management skill with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and situations.
- Self-motivated team player with a high level of enthusiasm and strong work ethic.
- Some extended hours and weekends may be required.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.