Adam Smith International’s purpose is to transform lives by making economies stronger, societies more stable, and governments more effective.
Our promise is to think creatively about complex problems, deliver change through global and local partnerships and transform lives through the impact of our work. We think, deliver and transform.
ASI’s Governance & Stability team is recruiting a full-time senior manager to lead delivery of one of ASI’s flagship programmes. The position is based in London with international travel.
The three-year programme is supporting a UK ministry to design, deliver, and evaluate initiatives to counter violent extremism overseas. Initiatives include building the capacity of government, civil society and the private sector to collaborate in delivering effective strategic communications. The programme will provide other forms of assistance to both the UK government and overseas partners such as research and capacity building towards the goal of countering violent extremism. The programme will deliver projects in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
The senior manager will lead delivery of the existing portfolio of projects within the programme and will play a central role in designing and setting up new projects. The manager will liaise with multiple clients within the UK ministry and several delivery-partners to ensure projects meet their expectations for quality, efficiency, Value for Money and impact and thus the overall responsiveness and professionalism of the service provided by ASI.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Outstanding skills in building and maintaining productive and trusting relationships with clients, colleagues, and delivery-partners;
- Proven ability to establish and operationalise effective management arrangements for projects working in conflict affected, politically complex or hard-to-reach environments;
- An understanding of the drivers of violent extremism and of lessons learned from successful CVE interventions, particularly strategic communications;
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in the core project management functions of planning, designing methodologies and evaluation frameworks, building teams, monitoring implementation, reporting results, learning and adapting methodologies, risk management, and finance;
- Experience of successfully managing programmes that required oversight of multiple components and a high degree of flexibility in adapting to contextual changes and evolving client priorities.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our values.
We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We have a headquarters overlooking the Thames in a central London location.
Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with the subject line ‘Senior Manager - Governance & Stability’. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications will be COB, Monday 22nd July 2019.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.
ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
#We’re Happy to talk flexible working
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a strategic development company that helps people prosper by making economies stronger, societies safer, and governments more effective. Our clients are governments, international organisations, companies, and foundations. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that, in turn, stimulate growth, stability and good governance.
Our core team of managers and technical experts, in offices around the world, ensures the quality of delivery and high ethical standards that we and our clients require. We bring together a global network of specialist experts, who contribute their experience and know-how, where and when it is needed.
ASI is owned and operated by its employees, and we are all dedicated to making a meaningful difference in complex, challenging situations. We are committed to corporate integrity and a triple bottom line of social, environmental and financial performance.