The Projection Operations Team at Resonance has four main mandates: 1) Serve as a company-wide resource to address contractual and project/proposal compliance issues on an ongoing basis; 2) Build and maintain Resonance’s project operations tools and systems; 3) Build Capacity of all teams within Resonance in Resonance’s operations tools and systems as well as overall regulatory compliance; and 4) Participate in business development in a variety of roles with heavy emphasis on cost preparation. The Project Operations Senior Manager will operate at a high level within each of these four mandates, especially as they related to field-based projects.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director of Project Operations.
SERVE AS A COMPANY-WIDE RESOURCE
- Work with the Project Operations Team to address a wide range of compliance questions on ongoing projects and troubleshoot project operations issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, grant and subcontract management, and general compliance matters.
- Conduct research into US government regulatory frameworks and analyses to come up with solutions that are compliant as well as flexible.
- Provide guidance to project management teams preparing for field-based project start-up.
- Act as a liaison between the project teams (in the U.S. and abroad) and Resonance’s Finance and Accounting department to address issues related to field accounting processes.
- Help ensure a consistent application of client governing rules and regulations as well as Resonance’s internal policies and procedures across project implementation.
- Conduct internal project audits to identify areas of weakness and risk, and develop action plans that mitigate them.
BUILD AND MAINTAIN RESONANCE’S PROJECT OPERATIONS TOOLS AND SYSTEMS
- Provide oversight to or lead the development and roll out of new and/or updated policies and guidance manuals related to compliance and project management.
- Focus on policies and guidance manuals related to field-based projects, including project start-up, in-country registration, field operations, in-country personnel management, field accounting, etc.
- Develop and/or update Resonance’s grant management tools, and provide related oversight and guidance to Resonance’s new and/or ongoing projects with grant components
- Develop and/or update Resonance’s subcontract templates and tools, and provide related oversight and guidance to Resonance’s new and/or ongoing projects that have subcontractors
- Work with the Project Operations Team to ensure Resonance’s tools and systems are consistent with client requirements
BUILD CAPACITY OF ALL TEAMS IN OPERATIONS TOOLS AND SYSTEMS
- Ensure all newly developed or updated tools and systems are accompanied with associated training
- Contribute to strategic planning of training modules related to compliance and project management
- Develop and lead creative and participatory training sessions on a variety of difference compliance and project management topics, including contract management, field-based project start-up, field project operations, in-country personnel management, field accounting and budget management, and grant and subcontract management
- Update training materials as needed
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Lead and/or oversee the development of large multi million dollar cost proposals in support of Resonance’s business development strategy.
- Review terms and conditions of solicitations and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
- Review terms and conditions of Resonance’s teaming arrangements and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
- Review Resonance’s cost proposals for cost competitiveness, reasonableness, and regulatory compliance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, International Development, or another related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing donor-funded international development projects, in cross-cultural, multi-lingual settings, of which at least 5 years must be focused specifically on managing USAID funded field-based projects
- Experience starting up and operationalizing multi million dollar field based projects, including in areas such as personnel policies, field accounting operations, grant management, and in-country registration
- Minimum 2 years experience in USAID funded grants under contract programs, including developing grant management manuals, carrying out due diligence processes on grantees, reviewing and negotiating grant budgets, overseeing grant implementation, and closing out grants
- Experience developing company policies and manuals related to US government compliance as well as manuals related to field based projects, such as field operations, grant and subcontract management, travel guidance, consultant engagement, etc.
- Experience in budget management and developing cost proposals
- Good working knowledge of the U.S. Government rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR), including as the related to grant and subcontract management
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Management, Business, International Development, or another related field
- Experience working directly in the field on a USAID funded project
- Experience working on bids and proposals in a variety of roles
- Foreign language proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Problem solving orientation
- Ability to foster open communication and actively listen
- Financial acumen
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Drive and commitment
- Emotional Intelligence
$97,500.00 - $112,527.00
Ability to travel up to 20% internationally on short notice.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE
US work authorization required.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.