NetHope is seeking a bright, experienced individual to join our Development team as a Senior Manager & Writer. This is a crucial role to help NetHope shape and develop our expert content for external visibility and pitching to key funders, to help drive program development, and to support the organization in raising funds from institutional donors and foundations to further the work of our global community of members. Your primary role is in researching funding trends, prospecting and qualifying leads, writing grant and donor proposals, and outreach. You will work directly with staff to develop concepts suitable for external pitching and communications with the funder community. Your time will be split between internal coordination and external outreach.
· Develop technically grounded concept notes, pitch, proposal and communication materials, working with program leaders, member relationship managers, and subject matter experts.
· Identify and prospect for fundraising opportunities with foundations, corporate and institutional donors
· Work with the Manager of Development and other relevant stakeholders to qualify each funding opportunity and prepare pitches and submit proposals on a timely basis.
· Update contact information, communication plans, outreach and results in NetHope’s system(s) to ensure visibility of up-to-date grant calendar for the entire NetHope team.
· Attend to all required communications activities and performance reporting of donations and grants.
· All other duties as required to support NetHope to meet funding goals as related to proposal writing.
· Must be a true believer of technology as an enabler and an accelerator of impact, and that collaboration around technology leads to better results.
· Proficiency in understanding technology concepts and digital ways of working.
· Exceptional communication skills, especially excellent writing skills.
· Experienced in moves management, helping plot the course toward funding and support for complex, multi-stakeholder program initiatives
· Demonstrated success in writing funding proposals in the service of some or all of the following areas: not-for-profit digital transformation, humanitarian relief, international development, and/or global conservation.
· Experience in prospecting for fundraising opportunities .
· Experience in written communication as it relates to request for proposal (RFP) responses, grant writing, and strategic communications.
· Experience working with corporate donors, foundations, government entities, and multilateral agencies.
· Presentation skills with an understanding of layout and graphic design.
· Be able to frame, develop, facilitate and/or lead key funder meetings, and to successfully close prospects if required
· Problem solving with a process focus.
· Deadline- and detail-oriented.
· Coordination and highly adaptive collaboration skills
Reporting and Working Conditions:
· The role is part of the Development team, and will work closely with the CEO on proposal and concept development, strategic communications, moves management and outreach
· NetHope is a virtual organization, and our team members work around the globe.
· Due to the global nature of the organization, work may be required at any time of the day.
Deadline and How to Apply
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by January 27th 2021 to email@example.com.