CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to lead technical activities for the upcoming USAID/Mexico Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. USAID/Mexico invests in reducing corruption, impunity, violence and deforestation. Strengthening civil society is a cross-cutting issue. The ICME activity is a four-year mechanism that will support USAID/Mexico’s ability to make decisions to improve development outcomes based on evidence through the application of analytical rigor.
The ICME mechanism will work across the Mission to:
a) facilitate integration of its investments; b) facilitate collaboration among local actors-government, civil society, private sector, and academia-to advance local ownership, sustainability, and self-reliance; c) ensure innovative monitoring and related analyses of results of existing activities; and d) conduct surveys, in-depth analyses, and evaluations for management decisions.
The M&E Specialist will serve as the technical lead; designing, overseeing, and assuring the quality of all M&E activities.
Specifically, s/he will:
* Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments
* Coordinate data collection and survey field activities
* Analyze and interpret survey and evaluation results
* Manage the design, development and completion of all deliverables
* Build the capacity of USAID, IP, and Government of Mexico staff to more effectively utilize performance data from monitoring and evaluations to better inform decision-making; and conduct data quality assessments
* Review evaluation designs, data collection instruments, data analysis plans, budgets, workplans, reporting methods and policies
* Develop performance indicators
* Assisting IPs and the Mission with M&E and performance management plans
* An advanced university degree (Master’s or above) in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field, with an emphasis on M&E.
* At least five to ten years of experience designing and conducting assessments, surveys, and performance and impact evaluations, including designing data collection instruments, developing data analysis plans, and collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, designing and delivering MEL training, conducting data quality assessments, and developing MEL and performance management plans.
* At least five years of demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects
* At least five years of demonstrated management experience, supervising technical staff.
* Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating monitoring, evaluation and learning plans.
* Familiarity with data management desired.
* Prior experience in Mexico and/or the region desired
* Excellent communication, supervision, and management skills
* Fluency in English required, Spanish language skills desired
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.