Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to work on USAID/Iraq’s Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) Activity. The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
*This position is contingent upon award.*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation under this contract.
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes under this contract
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to contract interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverables and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID PMP and providing technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Iraq technical teams on their M&E work
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology
- Ensure the short‐term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract to be identified
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contrac
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in leading and managing the design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to monitoring of activities and processes
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated M&E experience in development and humanitarian programs is required
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc. is required
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and experience with Third-Party Monitoring is required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience conducting monitoring and evaluation activities in non-permissive, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments
- Demonstrable experience doing significant coordination with broad general knowledge of international development
- Experience in developing countries
- Skills to ensure professional consistency in spite of urgent deadlines
- Substantive experience in program performance monitoring for the improvement of ongoing project management; and report on achieving intended results
- Previous substantive experience leading an evaluation team on international development evaluations
- Design and field testing of surveys, questionnaires, and/or other data collection instruments
- Familiarity and experience with evaluating compliance with gender policies and their implementation in the field
- Indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and/or performance monitoring and/or reporting
- Knowledge of and experience in working on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is preferred
Education: An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, public policy, research methods, program assessment, evaluation/measurement or another relevant field is required
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel will be required and will include travel to fragile or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Iraq
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.