ME&A seeks a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to lead monitoring and evaluation activities for the upcoming USAID/Mexico Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. The ICME activity is a three to four-year mechanism that will support USAID/Mexico’s ability to make decisions to improve development outcomes based on evidence through the application of analytical rigor. This position is contingent upon award.
The ICME mechanism will work across the Mission to: a) facilitate integration of its investments; b) facilitate collaboration among local actors-government, civil society, private sector, and academia-to advance local ownership, sustainability, and self-reliance; c) ensure innovative monitoring and related analyses of results of existing activities; and d) conduct surveys, in-depth analyses, and evaluations for management decisions.
The M&E Specialist will serve as the technical lead; designing, overseeing, and assuring the quality of all M&E activities. Specifically, s/he will:
- Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments
- Coordinate data collection and survey field activities
- Analyze and interpret survey and evaluation results
- Manage the design, development and completion of all deliverables
- Review evaluation designs, data collection instruments, data analysis plans, budgets, workplans, reporting methods and policies
- Develop performance indicators
The Mission’s assistance focuses on:
- strengthening the implementation of the new criminal justice system;
- preventing crime and violence in targeted communities, especially in the northern border states;
- protecting human rights and preventing abuses;
- enhancing integrity and transparency; and
- improving land use management to reduce deforestation.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or above) in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field, with an emphasis on M&E
- At least five years of experience designing and conducting assessments, surveys, and performance and impact evaluations, including designing data collection instruments, developing data analysis plans, and collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- At least five years of demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects desired
- At least five years of demonstrated management experience, supervising technical staff and contractors desired
- Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating monitoring, evaluation and learning plans
- Familiarity with data management desired
- Prior experience in Mexico and/or the region desired
- Excellent communication, supervision, and management skills
- Fluency in English required, Spanish language skills desired
- Resident or citizen of Mexico
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.