Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist will oversee and participate in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments and research throughout the life of the contract. S/he is the manager of the embedded indefinite quantity contract that will be used to carry out specific monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as requested by the mission, including but not limited to third-party monitoring requirements in NPE environments. S/he also serves as the principal investigator for at least the majority of strategic evaluations and research implemented through this Contract. S/he designs and develops field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conducts and/or oversees corresponding data analysis. S/he also conducts tests to examine data’s reliability and validity. S/he maintains strong networks with the local M&E community and ensures that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices. S/he provides guidance and management for subcontractors, lower-level M&E specialists, data collectors, and any other technical specialists tasked with implementing monitoring, evaluation, assessments and research activities as part of this contract.
The expected period of performance is an estimated 5 years (duration of the program). This position will be based in Manila
- Maintain technical standards of the project
- Support the maintenance of the Mission’s Performance Monitoring Plan and the development and maintenance of implementing partners’ M&E plans
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments of USAID projects, including data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques
- Translate evidence collected through M&E and research into guidance for implementation and ensure implementing partners (IPs) collaboratively discuss, test and refine guidance based on field experience.
- Lead the production of evaluation reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and data collection methodologies for both performance and impact evaluations. Ensure quality of evaluations conducted by long-term and short-term technical assistance consultants
- Manage and mentor mid-level and junior staff
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments, and assessing the quality of indicators.
- Past experience working for USAID programs
- Excellent team work, inter-personal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Previous regional work experience is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.