The goal of Gaza Household WASH Activity (GHW) is to improve human health, environmental health, and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. The activity intends to address priorities in Gaza that align with the Coastal Municipalities Water Utility (CMWU) and OCHA’s Humanitarian Rapid Response Plan (2018-2020).
The priorities include:
- The provision of durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels.
- Increase emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The geographic focus of all interventions will be in Gaza, and to the extent possible, in the Access Restricted Areas (ARAs), flood-prone areas, and areas exposed to environmental health risks in Gaza.
Blumont Global Development is seeking to hire a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the GHW project.
This position is pending award of a three-year cooperative agreement through USAID.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares an Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan, with appropriate indicators and an effective data collection system,
- Oversees data collection while ensuring data quality standards are applied and procedures are in place, data analysis, reporting on actual achievements in light of set targets, highlighting emerging patterns and offering clear reports on findings and conclusions.
- Supervises the collection of quantitative and qualitative data, use scientific methods to ensure high quality of data, and design a reporting system that provides insights to decision makers on activity performance and areas that need management’s attention,
- Tracks and analyzes program indicators and other statistics and prepare high-quality and timely reports.
- Ensures that all information required for submission to the Donor is collected and submitted in a valid, reliable and timely manner after review by the Chief of
- Develops impact indicators and data collection which properly represents the impact of the
- Provides capacity-building workshops for Blumont and its partners to improve data collection processes.
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of all communication and information sharing aspects of the project;
- Ensures that outcomes of project activity monitoring and evaluation feed into the design of annual plans,
- Ensures the timely submission or regular reports to USAID,
- Assists in preparation of annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks, and
- Performs other duties as
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least a relevant bachelor’s degree,
- At least 5 years of experience leading MEL activities,
- S/he needs to have demonstrable knowledge in evaluation methodologies for educational activities,
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement data collection plan,
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English and Arabic communications
- Prior experience leading MEL activities for USAID funded projects is highly desirable, and
- Prior experience working in Gaza is highly desirable
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups