Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Place of Performance: Iraq (country-wide)
Duration: Three years (extendable)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Purpose of the Project:
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation becomes easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective. The overarching goal of PMES is to improve performance management – to enable the USAID/Iraq Mission to effectively collect, manage, and use performance information to achieve its development objectives.
SREO Consulting Ltd. is looking for an individual to serve as a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to support a potential USAID contract in Iraq to implement monitoring and evaluation services for a wide range of services. The Senior M&E is primarily responsible for designing, overseeing, and participating in technical aspects of work related to performance monitoring and evaluation. They will also provide essential advice to the COP and DCOP on project needs to fulfill the contract and produce high quality deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation;
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes;
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to contract interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverables and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing;
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID Performance Management Plan (PMP) and providing technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Iraq technical teams on their M&E work;
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract;
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology;
- Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise;
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations to be identified;
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations;
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
Qualifications & Skills:
- An advanced university degree in International Relations, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Research Methods, Program Assessment, Evaluation / Measurement or relevant field is required;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, and/or data collection and analysis, and familiarity with data collection is required;
- At least 7 years of demonstrated M&E experience in humanitarian and development programs is required;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc. is required;
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, statistical analysis, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and experience in Third Party Monitoring is required;
- Demonstrated experience in the design of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation tools is required;
- Experience in experimental design is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents is required;
- Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner is required;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to adhere to deadlines are required;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic (regional colloquial Arabic or MSA) is required;
- Experience in training individuals in monitoring and evaluation methodologies, data collection tools, safety and ethical standards is highly desired;
- Experience living and working in challenging, stressful and potentially conflict environments is desired;
- Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach is highly desired;
- Familiarity with Kobo Collect or other ODK data collection platform is highly desired;
- Experience with USAID is an asset.
Interested individuals must submit their CV, cover letter and three (3) reference, referencing the position in the subject line. Any questions concerning this position can be directed firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to receive complete applications is 03 April 2020.
About the Organization
SREO Consulting Ltd. is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation consultancy founded in 2013. We are committed to serving humanitarian, stabilization and development actors operating in the most challenging environments around the world by providing unbiased and actionable data, analysis and research. SREO is headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Washington DC, Iraq, Tunisia and Mali.