This prospective project seeks to provide USAID/Iraq with a wide range of monitoring, evaluation and learning support services to promote effective and informed decision making across USAID/Iraq’s wide-ranging development efforts. The project includes the implementation of a comprehensive performance measurement, monitoring, and evaluation program, and technical guidance in an effort to enable USAID/Iraq to fulfill its performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and information-sharing obligations as mandated in USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS) and other Agency guidance. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting.
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation under this contract. The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will be based in Baghdad.
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes under this contract.
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to contract interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverables and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing.
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID PMP and providing technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Iraq technical teams on their M&E work.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract.
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology.
- Ensure the short‐term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract to be identified.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Advanced degree in in international relations, economics, statistics, public policy, research methods, program assessment, evaluation/measurement or another relevant field is required.
- Demonstrated M&E experience in development and humanitarian programs is required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions including evaluation design, developing evaluation questions, etc. is required.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis and experimental design is highly desirable. Experience with Third-Party Monitoring is required.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English required. Arabic proficiency desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.