Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Primarily serving as both an operations and business development, the Senior Manager will supervise Associates and Senior Associates. Senior Manager will manage several Department of State and Department (DOS) of Defense (DOD) contracts, providing high-level program management assistance. The role involves direct client and partner relationship management, high quality project management, including financial management and contract compliance. The Senior Manager will also lead new business efforts in DOD and DOS, write technical proposals, develop successful solutions and bid teams for upcoming Task Orders on existing vehicles as well as full and open opportunities. The Senior Manager is expected to be a solution seeking, clear and concise communicator, work well with others, and work hard. The position could require travel both CONUS and OCONUS. The job requires adherence to all Dexis policies and procedures. It helps to have a decent sense of humor.
- Manage and oversee numerous DOS and DOD contracts to include contracting, finance, cost performance, recruitment, and other corporate oversight functions.
- Supervise and manage home office staff who will execute day to day support on to project staff.
- Act as primary interface with government clients, as well as all Dexis support units
- Lead the entire lifecycle of new business development from capture support and bid tracking to proposal development, submission, and follow-up on a portfolio of opportunities.
- As Tech Lead, lead proposal development in response to requests for proposals including those for large global opportunities such as IDIQs. This will involve management of proposal teams, writing, solutions, costing, partner identification and negotiations; recruiting; writing; production; and after-action reviews.
- As part of the MEL team, work closely with the Director to ensure optimal resource allocation across projects and bids. Serving as Acting Director as needed.
- Support a corporate environment of learning that adaptive management, quality and learning.
- Supervise one or more Associates and/or Senior Associates and mentor/coach them to encourage their professional growth.
- Actively participate in increasing Dexis’ visibility in target industry sectors and markets through networking and participation in industry events and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in program management five years’ experience in business development and minimum three years’ experience with DOD, DOS, Security Cooperation, or similar field. Excellent track record of business development.
- Substantial experience and a successful track record leading large proposal teams on complex subject, multi-year, multi-partner proposals with minimal supervision for DOD and DOS.
- Experience managing and successfully mentoring entry- and junior level staff.
- Ability to identify new opportunities for business, non-traditional partners, and next-generation technical strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications and to learn new audiences quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage programs, maintain contract compliance, and fiscal management.
- Proven ability to multi-task, to anticipate the long-term, multi-functional impact of all decisions and take a long-range approach to problem-solving and decision-making by analyzing, thinking ahead, and planning.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with key internal and external contacts, including senior management and leadership.
- Skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word, Excel, Sharepoint.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of four weeks per year.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Master’s degree in business, communications, marketing, international development, or related field.
- Established network of USAID, DOD, and DOS clients, implementing partners, and/or technical experts relevant to Dexis’ portfolio.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.