- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- C2/3 remuneration under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF)
Abt PNG Management Services supports the PNG Australia Governance Partnership which aims to contribute to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Facility is responsible for the design and implementation of the majority of Australia’s governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the Facility allows for greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
There are seven Partnerships that the Facility supports, each with their own governance arrangements:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform (PSLR)
- Decentralisation and Citizen Participation (DCP)
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth (EGIG)
- Kokoda Initiative
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
- Institutional Partnerships Program Deployment Support Services (IPPDSS)
The Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership (EGIG) works with the Governments of Papua New Guinea and Australia to build macro-economic stability, improve fiscal management and promote inclusive economic growth.
Role Summary – Senior Program Manager, Public Financial Management
This role will lead and manage this portfolio of investments to ensure they are implemented in accordance with annual work plans and milestone deliverables and international development standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic and high-quality technical services to the planning, scheduling, design, commissioning and implementation of the EGIG Partnership’s annual work plan, Performance Assessment Framework and associated investments.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc technical briefings on public financial management issues to EGIG management team, Australian High Commission and Government of PNG stakeholders.
- Support coordination of programming across all partnership programs and activities to increase facility-wide collaboration.
- Provide quality assurance for new and emerging programs across the Partnership by ensuring that investments meet quality standards, are aligned with the strategic direction of the Partnership and are appropriately costed.
- Management of appropriate public diplomacy and communications efforts to promote the achievements of the EGIG Partnership in line with the requirements of the Australian High Commission.
- Contribute to the quality of the Partnership’s overall performance and monitoring and evaluation framework (PAF), including portfolio monitoring and performance data management.
- Provide direct program implementation support in key technical areas where possible and endorsed by GoPNG stakeholders.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, economics, finance, social sciences or related field. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge of technical public financial management issues in developing country contexts, with knowledge of PNG PFM context highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management of PFM related development programs in a complex and rapidly changing context.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills with proven high-level capability of producing both technical and management reporting products.
- Strong engagement skills with a wide range of government, non-government and donor organisations.
Further details regarding this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the ‘Information for Applicants’ in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of the Abt Careers page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, gender and people with disabilities.
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 29 March 2020, (midnight, local time). We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.