Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Program Office Advisor to provide support services to USAID/India’s Program Support Office (PSO). The Senior Program Office Advisor will support the building of core and expert capacity in PSO’s strategic planning, project design, monitoring and evaluation, and communication and outreach efforts by providing effective guidance and oversight and adaptive management. The work location for this position will be in New Delhi, India. This is a one-year position, with possible extension. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Strategy Development and Coordination of Program Learning Opportunities:
- Plans, establishes, and directs a wide range of organizational interventions for advancing USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) component to facilitate overall Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) implementation.
- Participates in the development process of the Mission’s new CDCS by incorporating learning and adapting approaches based on lessons learned and changing circumstances.
- Establishes the parameters, the development hypothesis, results framework, and development of the CDCS and accompanying effective management structure for implementation of the CDCS.
- Ensure that the USAID/India CDCS outlines programmatic approaches, with the aim of working to build India’s capacity and commitment to better support its journey to self-reliance.
- Program Migration:
- Advises the Program Support Office and the Mission Front Office team during the development of the CDCS in the migration of ongoing and/or new programs from the current strategy to an internal, external and new development business model, and the completion of certain technical activities.
- Transition planning, which will include ensuring the sustainability of results achieved through various approaches, assisting in the design of evaluations and management of CLA efforts to inform decision-making processes, the promotion of local ownership and sustainability, and keeping records as well as drafting of reports to capture all lessons learned from the migration process across the Mission’s portfolio.
- Program and Activity Design:
- Supports project and activity design process by establishing and maintaining an accurate project design schedule.
- Identifies and schedules actions required to develop, design, and authorize new and modify on-going projects and activities, ensuring Mission-wide participation in the process and the timely completion of designs.
- with the Mission’s transition and country strategy and advance the reform goals of the Government of India (GOI), with a focus on health and other technical areas identified by the GOI and USAID as priorities for the future.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., social science, economics, business, health, public policy, political science, international development/relations, public administration) and a minimum of 4 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Knowledge of project country transition planning and project management, as well as knowledge of U.S. Government laws, policies, regulations and procedures related to international development assistance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad, multi-sectoral development issues with familiarity with two or more of the following sectors or program areas: WASH, TB, energy, public-private partnerships.
- Understanding of and experience with international development issues and demonstrated experience managing and mentoring employees in a cross-cultural context.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the workings of a program office with experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, and CLA.
- Experience in developing countries is required; experience in India is highly valued. Knowledge of India’s economic, health, political, social and cultural characteristics, as well as an understanding of international development assistance functions are desired.
- S/he must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills. Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required. Fluency (Level IV) in English is required.
- S/he must have the ability to obtain a USG “Facility Access” clearance and a Department of State medical clearance for India
- S/he must be able to complete Foreign Affairs Counter Threat (FACT) training prior to deployment; candidates with completed FACT training preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.