The incumbent will report to the Head of Partnerships to strategize, identify, disseminate information and deliver on concrete partnership initiatives and private sector led opportunities that scale AGRA’s efforts.
The Senior Program Officer Partnerships role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains in 11 African countries. In addition, the role will position AGRA as a preferred partner for private sector-led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will support on-going and planned initiatives in AGRA Countries. This will include developing an in-country partnership development work plan, supporting partnerships maintenance and relationship development, tracking and reporting on partnership development, capacity building and knowledge sharing when necessary and other ad-hoc responsibilities.
- Developing a stakeholder mapping analysis and in-country partnership development work plan (30%)
- Map out key stakeholders that align with and can potentially contribute to AGRA strategy and Partnerships Unit team strategy.
- Develop prioritization criteria and support AGRA Country Offices to identify and prioritize new relationship, in collaboration with the resource mobilization, strategy unit and other relevant teams regarding a broader relationship management initiative in AGRA.
- Develop concrete value proposition and necessary communication materials for outreach to potential new partners.
- Develop partnership development work plan, timelines and deliverables.
- Partnerships development and investment facilitation capacity building:
- Senior relationship management of key bilateral partner relations.
- Review existing pipelines, particularly opportunities that emerged post AGRF 2019, and other major milestones.
- Delivery of multi-plex alliances in AGRA countries (e.g. Farm to Market Alliance, Brazil, Dutch and Israeli partnership).
- Identification, mobilization and closing of relevant partnership agreements.
- Coordinate meetings develop necessary communication material and ensure proper follow up.
- Investment facilitation capacity building and business development service in the countries.
- Development of partnership related grants, technical assistance and third-party funding proposals.
- Designing, planning and delivery of AGRA partnership events such as African Green Revolution Forum.
- Tracking and reporting on partnership development:
- Track and maintain a partnership development database and relationship management database.
- Tracking indicators and outcomes of AGRA’s partnership activities, this includes a partnership survey.
- Capacity building and knowledge sharing;
- Developing and delivery training on partnerships to AGRA staff and partners.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- 15 years’ post qualification experience, with special technical expertise in Agribusinesses in Africa.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience in program management.
- Good command of English required, French is an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong private sector experience in either agribusiness, finance or related sector
- Has experience in working on joined projects with African governments, researchers, development partners.
- Deep understanding of African Agribusiness trends, activities, investment related policies.
- Familiarity with agricultural development programs.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 24th February, 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is a partnership that works with governments, donors, NGOs, the private sector, and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and income of resource-poor farmers in Africa. Founded and initially funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation, AGRA supports interventions aimed at improving seed systems, soil fertility, input and output markets, policies, and other priority sectors, with the overall objective of reducing food insecurity. AGRA aims to achieve these goals by: supporting and building capability of farmers and enterprises across the agricultural value chain; being a thought-leader on African agriculture by collecting, packaging, and disseminating knowledge; and creating strong partnerships with public, private, and donor actors to drive change within the sector. AGRA is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and has an office in Accra, Ghana.