World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Programme Officer, you will will support the line management to ensure that the resource acquisition process and partnerships are managed well contributing to a culture of performance and accountability for results increasing the resource base and diversified strategic engagement with multiple Institutional donors, Multi-laterals, UN and partners. Realizing the growth potential, it has become imperative to a position to help support the growth as per country strategy that is envisaged. You will work to manage and build the capacities of the Program Development Unit (PDU) and other internal partners for better networking, resourcing grants, and institutional fund acquisition capacities, enhancing dialogue with donors for increased funding opportunities. Orienting and positioning PDU and other departments for coalitions and consortia engagements and developing grants management capacity (compliance, timeliness, and accuracy of reporting, grants tracking to reduce organizational liabilities, etc.).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development; Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited university. A Master’s degree in a similar field would be preferable.
- At least seven years of previous experience in project development; fundraising, proposal development, and donor liaison in INGO in a relief and development context. At least four years of direct project management a similar, conflict-prone environment.
- Have the experience of dealing negotiations with the Government, Bi / Multi-lateral Agencies, and institutional donors.
- Knowledge and awareness of Sudan or fragile context.
- Exceptional English Language communication skills (oral and written).
- Office-based with frequent travel to field locations.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 27 AUG 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.