QED is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) opportunity through the Department of Labor International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB). The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for oversight of the Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) with ILAB, including the development of responses to all work orders released under the contract. Services provided under this opportunity will include conducting performance evaluations of ILAB-funded projects using a variety of methodologies and approaches; conducting ad-hoc qualitative studies; developing project-level M&E systems; providing training to ILAB and/or ILAB-funded projects on monitoring and evaluation topics; conducting impact evaluations; conducting data quality assessments; conducting various types of quantitative and qualitative surveys; analyzing existing ILAB project data; and providing ad-hoc M&E technical support to projects. Quantitative and qualitative skills will both be required.
The Senior Project Manager position will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager shall be the single point of contact for management of this BPA and all Orders issued under this BPA. The Senior Project Manager is responsible to the COR for compliance with all requirements under this agreement.
The Senior Project Manager will have primary responsibility for ensuring that all tasks under this contract are of the highest quality and are completed on time and within budgeted amounts. He/she will manage workflow among sub-contractors and others contributing to the work performed under this contract. He/she will also oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
The Senior Project Manager will also ensure objectives, outcomes, and outputs of the activity are met and the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet quality control/assurance standards.
- Master’s Degree or higher
- At least 8 years of experience performing and overseeing multiple types of M&E services
- At least 8 years of project management experience in an international development context
- Experience managing evaluation services for the Department of Labor preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with administrative responsibilities including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to project donor
- At least 5 years of experience building and maintaining working relations with stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking (additional languages are preferable)
- Ability to produce high quality reports in proficient English in a timely fashion
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.