Requisition ID: req1985
Job Title: Senior Project Manager Digital Content
Employment Category: Regular
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The Global Communications department is charged with building IRC’ s profile and growing our supporter base, to expand our influence and drive revenue. Our urgent mandate for 2018 (and beyond) is to significantly increase audience reach and engagement in digital channels. To achieve this, we’ ve consolidated core communications disciplines - digital content, video, social, user experience (UX) design and web development - into an integrated Digital Communications and Content team. This lean and mighty team is content-led, audience-centered and laser-focused on identifying innovative new outreach and engagement approaches for social, search, mobile and emerging digital channels.
The Senior Project Manager Digital Content will proactively coordinate the Digital Communications and Content team’ s work, developing and tracking workflows and processes in creating innovative multimedia web content to engage audiences across our digital channels. The role calls for an experienced content project manager who is both strategic and hands-on, with a firm grasp of digital audience and business dynamics as well as front-line experience managing, coordinating and setting priorities within digital editorial or content marketing teams.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Digital, this role works seamlessly across the Communications team and with other key stakeholders (Marketing and fundraising colleagues; IRC’ s UK/Europe team) setting an example for excellence in coordination and project management, and executing sector-leading digital content and campaigns.
* Provide strong and detailed project management for content production on initiatives ranging from larger-scale integrated campaigns to fast-paced news and media pushes.
* Act as point-person for the management of new content requests and proposed content projects coming from within the Comms team as well as partners across the organization. Independently exercise judgment and work with supervisors to triage and prioritize requests, based on the Communications team’ s broad strategic agendas.
* Proactively manage digital content projects from start to finish. Work with requestors/project leads to develop Project Briefs that clearly define objectives, audience targets, and content requirements.
* Organize cross-team brainstorming and assist content creators and channel specialists in framing and presenting sharp creative proposals that will deliver against project goals.
* Manage the production of project deliverables at a detailed level throughout the project/campaign life cycle. Run tight production meetings with working groups; compile agendas and coordinate the distribution of meeting notes and tracking follow-ups. Provide timely and clear communication around projects at the working group level, and with key stakeholders; assist with issues spotting and troubleshooting throughout.
* Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and optimization. Collaborate with analytics lead and creators in pulling together performance analysis for projects; coordinate post-mortem meetings and follow-ups on learnings with senior leaders.
* Lead on coordination of weekly Integrated Content Planning meeting(s), including compiling agendas and coordinating the distribution of meeting notes and tracking follow-ups.
* Manage both strategic and detailed day-to-day communication across teams to ensure alignment on content strategies and outputs. Develop an Integrated Content Production calendar and ensure it is widely used and current. Identify and implement other core project management tools for coordination. Develop or adjust content processes, as needed, to improve efficiency.
* Take responsibility for building out a scaleable, streamlined and flexible project management infrastructure for content. Guide decision-making regarding adoption and use of project management tools and features. Develop/oversee content project policies, procedures and guidance for the organization, and for global colleagues; perform project management trainings for IRC staff and integrate project management processes across IRC staff & departments where needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Associate Director, Digital
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Resources: multimedia content creators; ux designers and web developers; global content and social media staff; future content analytics lead
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Collaborates with Digital Comms & Content Team; Comms Generalists; Entertainment Relations; Global Comms. Partners with Marketing; Corporate Partners. Supports other departments (HR, Volunteers) as needed.
External: Works with partners (Comms/Content; Corporate); may also work with agencies and campaigns.
Impact of work: Support efforts to IRC’ s brand profile (to drive influence and fundraising).
* Minimum: B.A. degree in English, journalism, communications, media or related field
* Minimum 5 years professional experience in digital communications, editorial or marketing
* Demonstrated experience in content project management and coordination, such as at an agency, in a newsroom, or at a large nonprofit
* Experience in creating new project management systems, procedures and workflows in the digital content context, including training staff on new systems and encouraging adoption of these new systems
* Experience running effective, productive meetings, from focused coordination meetings to brainstorms to trainings, to ensure staff engagement, alignment and the best quality creative content output
* Experience conducting staff trainings, including presentations and creating process documentation
* Experience working and coordinating across distributed, remote teams
* Outstanding organizational skills and excellent attention to details
* Flexible attitude. Able to constructively manage conflict, ambiguity, change and to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities at once
* Strong collaborative and communication ability; able to channel and manage the multiple stakeholders involved in NGO communications projects
* Ability to work effectively, efficiently, diplomatically and calmly in a high-pressure environment on issues that are often complex and politically sensitive
* Project management task tracking tools such as Basecamp, Trello, JIRA, Airtable
* Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics - some knowledge of content analytics and goals tracking strongly preferred
* Advanced knowledge of shared document tools such as Box, Google Docs/Drive
* Presentation software such as Powerpoint, Keynote
* Template creation using Google docs/PDF/etc.
* Experience with digital content production using a content management system such as Drupal
* Experience using digital asset management tools such as WebDAM
* Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products - Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere - a plus
Position Reports to: Associate Director, Digital
Standard office work environment.Fact-paced and fluid work environment.