Resonance is seeking candidates for the role Senior Project Operations Manager on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Senior Project Operations Manager will work closely with the Chief of Party, Technical Director, Senior Communications & Engagement Lead, USAID representatives, members of the Resonance home office project management team, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project’s deliverables are achieved in a timely and highly responsive manner and in compliance with the requirements of the PEPSE contract, and the Client and Resonance rules, regulations, and procedures. S/he will oversee and manage various financial, administrative and operational components of the project, and provide leadership in project contract and subcontract management, budget oversight, staff and consultant mobilization and management, client relationship, and HR management for the project. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE Chief of Party.
• Works with the PEPSE Team and Resonance Home Office to ensures that all PEPSE activities are carried out in compliance with USAID regulations and Resonance policies/procedures in an efficient and responsive manner, providing or soliciting guidance when appropriate.
• In close collaboration with the COP and Resonance HQ staff, monitors the PEPSE project budget, including tracking of expenditure and forecasting, and contributes to development of scopes of work, implementation plans, budgets and forecasts for individual PEPSE buy-in tasks and institutional support areas.
• Responsible for PEPSE project subcontractor relationship management – in coordination with the COP, Technical Director, and Resonance Home Office as applicable - and ensures proactive and compliant mobilization of subcontract expertise.
• Serves as a key liaison between the PEPSE team and Resonance HQ on all matters related to project financial management and operations, and assures smooth coordination on all logistics, contracts, financial planning and reporting, and other administrative matters with Resonance HQ staff.
• As needed, leads or contributes to development, quality assurance, and compliance of budgets for SOWs for PEPSE technical engagements involving buy-in funds.
• Plays key role in managing the PEPSE STTA roster, working with the Technical Director, Task 5 leads and Resonance Home Office Team to identify and field US and international consultants for both US-based and field-based assignments.
• Works with COP, Technical Director, and Communications lead and Resonance Home Office in developing and implementing tasks and activities within project
• Works with PEPSE technical staff and support staff members, to assure timely completion of administrative deliverables, as requested by COP
• Other duties upon request
• Master’s degree (or higher) in international development, public administration, public policy, business administration, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in contract administration, operations and/or project management roles on complex USAID-funded projects, strongly preferred.
• Demonstrable experience working with teams, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• In-depth working knowledge of USAID projects, and the U.S. Government rule and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, and CFR).
• Extensive practical experience in project financial management, budgeting and budget quality assurance, contract administration, compliance, and other project operations and management areas.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including strong writing and editing capabilities
• Strong skills in effective client relationship management, including management of relationships with USAID counterparts
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure
• Experience with and interest in private sector engagement (PSE) and key issues facing USAID preferred
• Experience with SOW development for technical assistance engagements preferred
• Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Project Operations Manager, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.