Creative Associates seeks a temporary full-time Senior Proposal Manager, for a projected six-month period of performance. The Senior Proposal Manager is a key member of the company’s new business development (BD) team, charged with working on strategic company wide BD objectives, including bids and proposal management from capture to submission, client diversification, new partnerships, and business process improvements. The incumbent regularly interacts with Creative’s technical divisions, finance and contracts, and human resources and works across the company to focus resources on priority bids.
The Senior Proposal Manager leads and delivers winning proposals for the company. S/he is experienced in developing proposals for USAID and other clients and has a good grasp of the requirements and needs for contract or cooperative agreement mechanisms. S/he establishes and ensures adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop a submission that is technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality. The Senior Proposal Manager is also involved in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits, including guiding or monitoring long-term positioning and capture efforts, developing relationships with partners and new clients, and tracking procurement opportunities.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Proposal Manager reports to and is supervised by the Director of Proposal Development.
- Proposal management, leadership, and oversight of assigned proposal management projects, ensuring the integrity of implementation of Creative’s proposal development process;
- Dynamic representation of the Business Development Division across other divisions within the company;
- Contributes to developing and conducting training to staff company wide to enhance business development capacity;
- Keeps abreast of major trends in the marketplace, attending workshops and conferences to ensure relevance of company’s bidding strategy.
- Provides input to company wide new business development strategic priorities, informed by market trend analysis;
- Leads development of bids and proposals, including the following tasks:
- Formation of proposal team (in concert with the technical division), and development of all preparatory materials for successful kick-off (e.g., solicitation analysis, calendar);
- Develops, in collaboration with the Technical Lead, technical and cost volume outlines, writing assignments, compliance matrices, and layout/style protocols;
- Facilitates/leads design sessions that result in responsive program designs;
- Formalizes agreements with partners;
- Leads the Proposal Color Team reviews and directs follow-up revisions;
- Ensures overall proposal quality, responsiveness, and compliance with the solicitation; and
- Oversees preparation of the proposal for delivery and submits proposal to client.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Six to eight (6-8) years of work experience in the international development field and bachelor’s degree in international relations, international development, or a related field; or four to six (4-6) years of work experience and a master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum three (3) years of USAID proposal development experience.
- Demonstrated skills in building teams and consensus and in facilitating meetings;
- Experience in program design approaches and methodologies, such as results frameworks, theories of change, logic modeling, and/or logical frameworks;
- Experience in writing, reviewing, and analyzing technical proposals and in critiquing budgets;
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
- Strong knowledge of the competitive market within Creative’s technical areas;
- Competent in using Microsoft software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint; and
- Commitment to international development and to a high performance and values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Second language, such as French, Spanish, or Arabic;
- Experience with other U.S. Government (USG) and non-USG agencies and donors; and
- Demonstrated expertise within one or more of Creative’s technical areas, including field-based experience.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.