For our international development projects in South East Asia and Southern Africa we are reinforcing our pool of high level experts in Public Finance Management for short-term and long-term missions.
Kindly note that this is a general call and not a call for a specific mission or project.
We invite consultants that meet the listed criteria to register their profiles in English or French our database of experts via our website www.transtec.be
Public Finance Management (PFM) Expert
As a minimum requirement:
- Minimum a Master’s degree in Public Finance, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Public Policy and Administration or equivalent;
- At least 8 years of experience in PFM reform projects;
- Experience in the South-East Asia region or Southern Africa region;
- Proven expertise with at least 3 assignments funded by the European union;
- Excellent language skills in English and / or French;
- Knowledge and expertise with European Development Fund (EDF) procedures desirable for projects in South Africa.
Match at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum 10 years of specific professional experience in developing countries in PFM reform, development and implementation of PFM strategies, action plans and capacity building;
- Experience of at least 5 years on a PFM long term projects as Team Leader;
- Experience in the following areas:
- Medium-Term Budgetary Framework (MTBF);
- Medium-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF);
- output based budgeting;
- Experience in the public sector: accounting systems; International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS); audit (internal and external); with the development and maintenance of integrated financial management systems such as SAP;
- Experience with fiscal administration; revenue collection; taxation;
- Experience with debt management.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.