I4DI is recruiting for a Senior Research and Learning Specialist to provide leadership, research management, and technical contribution for its growing global portfolio. The Senior Research and Learning Specialist will lead the company’s efforts to rigorously study and analyze development issues, offer innovative and practical solutions, and address key performance challenges for our clients.
This position will include the following responsibilities:
Research, Evaluations & Assessments
- Lead design and implementation of social research and evaluation studies (such as baselines, process, performance, outcome and impact evaluations or meta-analysis across different programming);
- Develop data collection strategies (e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews), collect data, analyze data using statistical software packages such as SPSS, and visualize data;
- Manage field-based quantitative and qualitative data collection planning and implementation processes, including training of field teams and data quality assurance;
- Provide quality assurance/quality control for local subcontractors;
- Create reports and presentations to communicate findings to a variety of external stakeholders;
- Advance I4DI’s research and evaluation agenda by working with internal and external stakeholders to pursue relevant funding opportunities;
- Supporting and/or manage other research and learning efforts related to the processes, products, and practices of I4DI.
Knowledge Management & Learning
- Design learning agendas, learning frameworks and systems for clients by identifying all data and knowledge needs for management insights, including designing methods and protocols for collecting and analyzing that information;
- Conduct knowledge management assessments and asset mapping across whole-of-organization or project;
- Provide technical assistance to clients with knowledge management, data collection, analysis, interpretation, visualization and advice on how to communicate results;
- Represent the company’s expertise through various mechanisms that reach beyond clients, such a publications, technical communications and testimony.
Program Monitoring & Performance
- Work with M&E experts to capture learning across I4DI’s portfolio by developing, utilizing and systematizing performance monitoring tools and systems to strengthen program management and client/donor reporting;
- Work with M&E experts on ensuring technical soundness of program hypothesis, M&E plans, indicator reference sheets and conduct data quality verifications and assessments;
- Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed.
- Act as a technical liaison and manage technical interface with clients, donors, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mid to senior-level research specialist with 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international development projects;
- Technical knowledge needed to both design rigorous research methods and instruments (including non-experimental, experimental and quasi-experimental designs), as well as the ability to project manage and provide leadership to a diverse team of field-based colleagues based in multiple organizations and geographical contexts;
- Technical competency and prior experience implementing various program evaluation methodologies and approaches;
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills;
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft products. Experience with SPSS/STATA/R or Python is preferred;
- Experience managing USAID programs and familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management preferred;
- Experience working with mobile data collection tools like ODK and Survey CTO a plus;
- Experience working with qualitative data analysis and tools like Nvivo, a plus;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Competency in another language such as French, Arabic or Spanish is a plus;
- Advanced degree in international development, social sciences or a related field.
I4DI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for this position must hold authorization to work in the United States.
To apply, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and acknowledged, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The Institute for Development Impact (I4DI)is an international consulting group based in Washington, DC specializing in global development effectiveness. As a woman-owned small business, our diverse team sits at the nexus of knowledge and practice, offering integrated analytical, design, performance management and organizational development services, across a range of development sectors. Passionate about the sustainable development of our world by improving the lives of all people and communities, we are critical thinkers who understand that life-long learning and equitable sharing of knowledge are cornerstones of leadership and growth. Check us out at www.i4di.org. Learn more about us, understand our values of intentionality of work, service to clients, contribution to knowledge and our engaging workplace.