Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Senior Sustainable Landscapes Lead for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) activity. WABiLED main components include: combatting wildlife trafficking; reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increase carbon sequestration from improved land use.
Position Description: The Senior Sustainable Landscapes Lead’s (SL Lead) primary responsibility will be providing overall leadership, strategic direction and implementation to achieve the WABiLED objective, which aims to reduce deforestation, forest degradation, and biodiversity loss in key forests through technical and knowledge management support. Improve transboundary cooperation and conservation strategies while simultaneously engaging the private sector and supporting frameworks to integrate best practices for the sustainable management of natural resources. The SL Lead will design and provide day-to-day technical management oversight for the Sustainable Landscapes workstream, including ensuring coordination and integration with other WABiLED workstreams, provide thought leadership, and ensure effective monitoring, learning and knowledge management is achieved throughout implementation.
* Lead and provide oversight to all technical aspects of the SL workstream, including developing detailed work plans and ensure successful implementation of SL workstream activities and project deliverables;
* Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the SL component and coordinating with crosscutting departments (such as institutional strengthening, gender and communications)
* Provide guidance on monitoring and evaluating of project performance and progress, and assisting COP/DCOP to inform Tetra Tech ARD and USAID of the results of this monitoring;
* Provide technical assistance to the project in sustainable landscape technical areas, in accordance with the contract statement of work and approved work plan.
* Oversee the performance of all consultants and subcontractors supporting the SL workstream;
* Provide expertise for quality assurance and quality control of overall technical SL activities
* Assure thorough and accurate reporting from all SL project activities and participate in budget planning and revision as needed.
Qualifications: All candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
* Advanced degree in environmental management/ policy/science, biodiversity/conservation, forestry, climate change or related field;
* 10 years’ experience in international development operations in the environmental/forestry sector, and working on large donor funded projects, preferably USAID;
* At least 7+ years demonstrated experience providing technical input and/or advisory services in sustainable landscapes and biodiversity conservation in a West African context;
* Excellent and verifiable writing and editing English language skills. English-French bilingual skills strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic thinking and policy analysis and ability to engage with host country government and regional organizations.
* Proven, high quality technical writing and editing experience for diverse audiences, including USAID.
* Qualified applicants from West Africa are highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.