Macfadden, a PAE Company, is seeking a Senior Team Lead to supervise junior and mid-level staff providing administrative, programmatic, and operational support to USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). BHA leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards.
Key Internal Interfaces: Senior Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, Macfadden Program Director, HR, Recruitment and Procurement Teams. Macfadden Managers, Supervisors, Team Leads and staff.
Key External Interfaces: BHA Task Order Customers – CO/COR/AOR, Office Directors, Division Chiefs and Office Team Leads.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience or Master’s degree and 12 years of experience.
Experience: Minimum 15 years professional experience required. Experience working in a Human Resource, Staff Supervisor or Management role preferred. Relevant experience must include three years of supervisory experience
- Skills Required: Excellent written and verbal skills, staff recruitment, orientation and personnel management skills with excellent attention to detail; Possess excellent judgment and are reliable and ethical and proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs. Must be able to multi-task and work under deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Preferred: Familiarity with FAR, ADS, and other relevant government regulations and experience working directly with a government client.
All aspects of personnel management – Recruitment, onboarding, orientation, staffing, and performance reviews, etc. Ensure all documentation for timesheets are properly prepared and compliant. Provide staff supervision and ensure staff are compliant and adhering to government rules and regulations. Maintain good communication and professional relationships with all colleagues and clients.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
- Recruitment, time and attendance, training and orientation, performance, and other administrative requirements for unit staff embedded with client teams;
- Communicating regularly with the program manager and deputy program managers, as well as BHA technical POC’s, on issues related to administrative, programmatic, or operational support;
- Collaborating with technical POC’s and staff to develop staffing plans that fulfill client needs while providing growth opportunities for staff;
- Conducting regular check-ins with staff and their technical POC’s to evaluate staff workload and assess performance;
- Creating and regularly updating written guidance and providing support to ensure staff meet contract, BHA, and USAID requirements for travel, training, and other administrative processes;
- Responsible for drafting, editing and submitting information for the quarterly reports and other contract-required deliverables; and
- Occasionally arranging staff coverage across BHA offices or divisions in coordination with technical POC to respond to data calls, filing system updates, and similar requests;
- Assists with position descriptions for new positions and updates for existing positions;
- Support supervising surge staff brought on for short term assignments;
- Provides guidance and direction concerning the resolution of problems;
- Assist with procurement actions as requested and special tasks.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.