Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Senior Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded activity focused on improving the Agency’s Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) work in Latin America through two primary work streams: 1) state-of-the-art, gender-informed analytical work, assessments, research and special studies; results management support; and training that contribute to sector learning in the region and build an evidence base for effective programming, and 2) targeted short-term technical and analytical activities in transition environments that require rapid response programming support. The contract will support the Latin America and Caribbean Bureau’s Office for Regional Sustainable Development (LAC/RSD) to fulfill the goal of advancing stability and social inclusion in LAC by supporting stronger governance, democratic practices and values, and safer communities for citizens.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. reporting to the Task Order Manager.
The Senior Technical Advisor will bear primary responsibility for technical aspects of task order analytical work, including ensuring the rigor and quality of methodological approaches, application of cutting-edge evidence and research to task order activities, and provide technical leadership.
• 12 years of experience providing technical leadership across a range of DRG sectors, including rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, citizen security, and political transitions.
• PhD and eight (8) years of experience; or JD/LLM and 10 years of experience; or MS/MA/MBA and 12 years of experience in relevant field.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in Latin America at a senior level.
• Demonstrated experience conducting complex DRG analytical tasks, such as assessments, political analyses, and research.
• Demonstrated experience working in complex operating environments and on highly politically sensitive democracy sector activities.
• Demonstrated experience with DRG sector analytical and technical assistance program implementation, including the integration of DRG issues into other sectoral work.
• Spanish language proficiency required and French/Haitian Creole proficiency a plus.
• Outstanding interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
• Familiarity with USAID regulations and compliance requirements preferred.
• Eligibility to work in the US.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.