ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Senior Technical Director for the USAID-funded Honduras Transforming Market Systems (TMS) Project. The objective of TMS is to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities that incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate. The Senior Technical Director will be expected to supervise and coordinate the technical aspects of the TMS Program and supervise the design and execution of strategic programs assigned to it within the intervention of ACDI/VOCA in Honduras.
• Work closely with the TMS Director in managing the program to ensure compliance with its objectives and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
• Coordinate the process of design, formulation and approval of projects of the TMS program and of the strategic programs under its charge to include Workforce Development, Migration and Youth.
• Identify risks related to the implementation of the programs in a timely manner and suggest and implement corrective measures.
• Provide guidance and technical guidelines to the component managers of the TMS Program and to the coordinators of the different programs.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7 years of experience managing projects of similar size and scope, of which 5 years was on a USAID funded project.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team.
• Demonstrated management, administrative, reporting, and presentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to travel on a regular basis.
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish required, English preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.