The Social Accountability Advisor will build up and retain capacity for social accountability programming within the organization.
The Social Accountability Advisor will work with VSO Pakistan and its partner to integrate Social Accountability as Core approach across programmes and supporting them to accompany citizens and primary actors in their efforts to demand accountability and lead their own development
* Build capacity of VSO staff and partners to effectively engage citizens and primary actors and to understand their privileges as citizens
* Facilitate VSO and partners to identify gaps in their knowledge and understanding of the workings of various service delivery systems and support primary actors to gather appropriate evidence to support their planning
* Support VSO and partners to select, design and implement contextually appropriate tools for monitoring public policy and services along with Citizens
* Identify programme interventions to create opportunities for citizens and primary actors to engage duty bearers to self-assess the quality of service provision against community expectations
* Facilitate the opening of spaces for dialogue, engagement and negotiation for citizens to claim their rights.
Support VSO and partners to engage with communities, Government, CSO and other stakeholders to design monitoring mechanisms and track key development priorities linked to the SDG
Once you are ready to apply, please click “Apply” to download JD and complete the online form.
About the Organization
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.