Highlight is seeking a Sr. Curriculum Development and Training Specialist to design, manage, and adapt training courses that develop and reinforce core capacities of USAID PPL staff in their work managing the USAID Program Cycle. The Program Cycle is USAID’s operational model for planning, delivering, assessing, and adapting development programming to achieve more effective and sustainable results to advance U.S. foreign policy.
You will serve on the Capacity Building (CB) Team. The CB Team is charged with helping USAID staff more efficiently and effectively implement Program Cycle policies and procedures, in accordance with the Automated Directive System (ADS) 201.
- Support PPL’s oversight of the AOR/COR coordination function.
- Update the project and activity training to be consistent with the next iteration of ADS 201.
- Integrate the Journey to Self-Reliance principles in new and on-going Program Cycle-related trainings.
- Continual improvement of existing Program Cycle-related trainings.
- Work with subject matter experts on forthcoming and emergent USAID priorities.
- Provide training, or assisting in facilitating yet-to-be determined program office skills training associated with needs assessments.
- Monitor on-going training through course evaluations, and may be required to deliver and/or monitor the in-person training courses in Washington, DC and in countries where USAID has a field presence.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DOD Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 10-15 years of work experience in adult education, curriculum development or related field (education, professional training, etc.).
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development. Demonstrated expertise with USAID policies and regulations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of international development issues. Experience working with diverse groups in cross-cultural contexts is preferred.
About the Organization
Know Way. Know How.
For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.