Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Do you want to contribute your talent, skills, and expertise on an exciting and dynamic team where your hard work is valued and recognized? IntraHealth International is looking for a Senior Proposal Writer to join our Business Development team. As a Sr. Proposal Writer, you will work with subject matter experts using best practices to develop and submit high-quality and highly competitive proposals to US Government (USG) agencies, private foundations, non-US governments, corporations, and multilateral donors.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and are ready for a positive experience, this is an excellent time to join IntraHealth. The ideal candidate has an excellent understanding of proposal development processes and proposal components. He/she is able to convey technical concepts and skills in proposal writing, editing, and formatting. He/she will be innovative in refining systems, tools, and research and analysis relevance.
Proposal Section Writing (65%)
- Conduct capture research efforts to collect data and technical information that will inform proposal writing, allowing an understanding of the local technical context, strengthens and weaknesses of competitors, the donor landscape, and client preferences
- Conduct RFA/RFP analysis to ensure responsive outlines and draft sections
- Develop responsive proposal section outlines and sections, with input from technical contributors and others
- Lead or participate in sessions to gather key technical and other input from experts to inform writing and work collaboratively with staff in country offices to ensure local context is fully reflected and proposals reflect country-based staff expertise and knowledge.
- Maintain close communication with other proposal team members to promote cohesion of responses
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and proposal team to ensure that the proposal is well written, cohesive, organized according to donor requirements and that all technical proposal sections are consistent and aligned.
- Meet deadlines and other milestones to allow for timely submission of high-quality efforts.
- Stay abreast of new trends in global public health and proposal writing for donor funded programs, especially for USAID and other USG agencies.
- Contribute to marketing documents, blog posts, op-ed pieces, and success stories that share the organization’s expertise externally and/or align proposal development and communications efforts.
Proposal support and capacity building (25%)
- Mentor and train other section writers and other proposal team members, and support them to design and produce high quality proposals
- Review others’ proposal outlines and drafts for responsiveness, persuasiveness, and technical depth
- Provide editing of proposals, as appropriate
Process & Systems Strengthening (10%)
- Develop, adapt and/or update proposal development tools, trainings, and processes to meet evolving organization needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years or relevant experience in Public Health, International Development, or other relevant fields of study
- Minimum of five (5) years of successfully demonstrated experience in writing proposals for USG, and foundations and/or other donors.
- Excellent technical skills in proposal writing, editing, and formatting
- Proven ability to conduct extensive research and analysis to ensure proposals have country and technical relevance and context
- Demonstrated ability to create or refine systems, tools, and trainings that support the crafting of high-quality proposal sections
- Clear track record mentoring and training other professionals to write high quality proposal sections
- Excellent understanding of proposal development processes and proposal components
- Strong skills in prioritization and organization of work assignments
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working under short deadlines with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of a second language: French or Spanish is preferred
- Ability to collaborate successfully in a remote working environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 10%
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization