NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified Strategic Learning Lead candidate for the upcoming FY 2019 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). The over-arching goal of the program is to reduce food insecurity and chronic malnutrition, as well as build resilience among chronically food insecure households in the most vulnerable regions of Madagascar.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Will work closely with the Technical Coordinator and M&E Lead to ensure collaboration and learning across all projects in the applicants selected implementation area;
- Ensure the activity includes active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across its multi-sectoral activities;
- Ensure active learning throughout the project, including but not limited to to USG, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and private sector investments;
- Improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) in a related field and minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience -OR- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Experience creating, capturing, organizing, and sharing knowledge across technical sectors;
- Strong communication skills preferred;
- Experience collaborating with a variety of external stakeholders including the host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and the private sector;
- Experience with international donors, USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Food for Peace experience preferred
About the Organization
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.