Job DescriptionSTTA, Youth Program Development Consultant
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The SACCI project aims to reduce public tolerance of corrupt practices and engage more youth in anti-corruption activities by increasing opportunities for engaging in social accountability. In supporting the National Agency for Corruption Prevention – the key national corruption prevention institution – SACCI helps boost citizen and youth engagement with NAPC. One of the directions of the new NACP team’s work is to enable better communication between the institution and citizens, as well as to provide opportunities for young activists to professionally contribute to the national anti-corruption efforts. Some of the key areas covered by the position, amongst others, include developing NAPC’s citizen relations, attracting more youth to facilitate the structured and consistent efforts of the NACP, and supporting other youth anti-corruption initiatives beyond NACP. Expected level of effort is up to 90 expert days between April 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
- Develop a manual for organizing and conducting an event aimed at mobilizing CSOs to engage in social accountability in close collaboration with the National Agency for Corruption Prevention and providing assistance in organizing and conducting such an event.
- Plan and implement regional events for youth leaders with a view to engaging youth in anti-corruption activities.
- Prepare policy documents including the analysis of applicable legislation and developing policy alternatives for NACP with recommendations on increasing opportunities for citizens to engage with NACP.
- Consult on the modalities of SACCI involvement into the internship program design at an anti-corruption champion institution in Ukraine and providing other assistance in the establishment of improved citizen relations at NACP.
- Develop Project memos, information briefs, advisory notes and position papers on issues of youth and citizen engagement in anti-corruption activities.
- Participate in working meetings with partners and in negotiations related to development of youth events and improved citizen relations at anti-corruption champion institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a senior year university studies in political science or other relevant areas.
- Over one (1) year of experience with international donor projects dealing with youth engagement at the national level and knowledge of Ukrainian public service.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time-management, reporting, negotiations skills).
- Fluency in Ukrainian, at least intermediate-level English language knowledge required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 27 March 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.