Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Subgrants Manager candidates for the upcoming five-year USAID/Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity. The program will seek to foster vested ownership among young people in the country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership of a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
This position is contingent on funding. Only Ukrainian citizens or residents with work authorization will be considered.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a large subawards portfolio, including sub-grant agreements with implementing partners; oversee and manage subgrant relationships and agreements with youth-serving organizations if applicable, including obtaining IREX and USAID approvals, USG reporting and compliance, and IREX policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to ensure that grantmaking policies and procedures are streamlined and realistic for lower-capacity youth-led and youth-serving organizations; oversee rapid subgranting processes that minimize bureaucracy and ensure compliance.
- Ensure timely processing of programmatic and financial reports, and subgrantee payments
- Oversee new sub-grants or modifications to existing sub-grants for youth-led initiatives
- Develop all forms and processes to be simple, user-friendly, and in line with IREX policy, guidance and templates including requests for application (RFAs), memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and grant agreements and modifications
- Ensure that sub-grantee communication and support is tight and well-coordinated
- Coordinate with relevant staff and M&E team regarding capacity-building in areas of grants management, USAID compliance, reporting, and project management and general operations, and other activities to monitor and evaluate sub-awardees’ sub-grant performance
- Contribute to project planning and reporting
- Supervise assigned staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization.
- Advanced degree in business administration, management, finance or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in finance/grants in the non-profit, private and/or government sector
- Experience managing the grants of USAID or US Government programs; demonstrated ability to manage creative and streamlined subgrants portfolios to lower-capacity local organizations
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports
- Operational knowledge of USAID regulations including FAR and ADS concerning financial management and reporting, subcontracting, and procurement
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian
Please vitis https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=okNkcfwn&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.