Job DescriptionDivision & Project Overview:
The Supply Chain: Operational Excellence Specialist supports the Supply Chain Optimization and Excellence Team of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project to drive efficiencies across the entire supply chain process, from procurement to payment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Analyze and benchmark various supply chain processes
- Ensure that supply chain processes are accurately mapped
- Identify process inefficiencies across the supply chain
- Analyze system deficiencies and recommend changes for improved performance
- Create dashboards and reports that depict GHSC-PSM supply chain performance
- Develop tools that support existing and/or new processes
- Develop SOPs and work instructions for new and/or improved processes
- Develop training material and assist with training where required
- Research industry standards and best practices for various supply chain processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Essential Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in supply chain or business-related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in process improvement and/or operations management
- Advanced knowledge of data analytics, including the ability to analyze and synthesize data across multiple data sources
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, process mapping, and standard operating procedure (SOP) development
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain management processes and functions
- Proven application of analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Experience working with USAID projects and/or other international organizations working on public health related projects preferred
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, one-on-one and in groups
- Must be highly organized self-starter and proficient in use of PC/MS office suite (specifically in MS Excel and/or MS Access) or data tabulation software
- Ability to link and articulate process change to multiple levels within the organization as well as customer groups
- Ability to manage projects
- Able to meet objectives with minimal direction from supervision
- Ability to understand integration of complex business applications with demonstrable project/customer focused accomplishments
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate technical and business impacts
- Ability to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year
- Ability to work collaboratively and in ambiguity
- Ability to resolve customer issues
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level
- Ability to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year.
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.