World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in over 90 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Syria Response Manager, World Vision International - Syria, you will
- Provide strategic leadership for the design, implementation and funding of World Vision’s Response inside Syria.
- Lead the Syria Country Office – based in Amman and with its operational Area Offices (including North and South Syria) - ensuring that the Strategic Plan is meeting desired goals and objectives while being well coordinated and integrated with programmes in other countries in World Vision’s broader Syria Crisis Response.
- Proactively act as the senior most representative for World Vision and its Response (inside Syria) externally with partner agencies, the UN, donors and national-level stakeholders.
- Ensure that Syria Country Office activities are implemented in line with World Vision’s internal policies (including but not limited to Disaster Management Standards and due diligence and compliance processes), donor requirements and national and international level rules and regulations.
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on team management, project management or other relevant skills.
- 8 + years proven experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming, including overseeing the delivery of complex programming in insecure contexts.
- Prior World Vision experience important
- Fluent in English (written and oral). Knowledge of Arabic.
- Extensive experience in programme management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function in unpredictable and potentially hostile environments. At least 25% travel required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 Jun 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.